Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 07:03 AM

15 posts, read 11,921 times

Advertisements

I don't think I will ever get used to people doing rude things just because they think they can.

For example I stopped by Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee this morning, and there were not any available parking spots. Two people decided to double park for no reason. So I sat there and waited for someone to come out so I could park and one of the first people to come out was a double parker. I rolled down my window and asked him why take two spaces. He just shrugged his shoulders and took off.

What have you encountered that makes you angry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 07:14 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Yes. But I can't dwell on it. Neither should you.

I'm lucky to live in a part of the country where basic courtesy and a kind of communitarian value system is still in place. So I don't encounter that very much at all. Not trying to be all Moonlight-and-Magnolias here for the South has its manifest flaws, but it is nice to live in a place where people hold the door open for one another and basic consideration seems to be baked into the culture.

So I'm a little shocked when I encounter it elsewhere. I was in New York a couple of months ago about to order at a McDonalds. Mind you, I already knew what I wanted, but I simply said, "Hello" to the cashier and the guy in back of me tried to break in line. As in his excuse was, "I don't have time for you to chit chat." Fortunately, the girl at the register said, "This guy is next. Wait in line." And everybody else shouted at him. But it was such an alien thing for me that people can even think of doing something like that.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:15 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
This is why I carry tire tacks in my car, he would have gotten one

Old 05-09-2017, 08:38 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Entitlement and narcissism if I had to guess.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:42 AM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Maybe he had a nice car and somebody who is even more entitled feeling scratched it by parking too close and opening the door. So he decided that in the future he prevents *******s from dinging his car and double parks.

Just a guess.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:06 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Taking up 2 spaces is not double parking. It's just being an ass.

https://driversed.com/resources/term...e_parking.aspx

Old 05-09-2017, 09:29 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Maybe he had a nice car and somebody who is even more entitled feeling scratched it by parking too close and opening the door. So he decided that in the future he prevents *******s from dinging his car and double parks.

Just a guess.
It's a car. Wonder if there would have only been one space available? Would they have gone ahead and parked or declined because of a potential ding? If your car is so special it deserves 2 spaces, it belongs in a showroom, a garage or waay out in the hinterlands of large parking lots on uncrowded days only.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:08 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Many "rules" in society suck!!!...
This guy is just an inconsiderate jerk.
One can flaunt societies rules without being a thoughtless $%#@**%.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:11 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
It's a car. Wonder if there would have only been one space available? Would they have gone ahead and parked or declined because of a potential ding? If your car is so special it deserves 2 spaces, it belongs in a showroom, a garage or waay out in the hinterlands of large parking lots on uncrowded days only.
Besides, it seems like double parking in a tight parking lot only increases the likelihood that someone's going to back into you, etc.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:53 AM

776 posts, read 955,929 times
I once saw a car that was taking up FOUR spaces in a shopping centre lot by parking across the lines. It was a 5 series Mercedes Benz.

He came back to find his car surrounded by four other cars, all less than six inches from his car. They turned out to be mall employees, who had seen this jerk do this for a week while he was working in the management office of the mall. They left their cars parked there, and went for supper after work, and came back about 9 pm.

Idiot boy had gone home in a taxi. He got it.

XXX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships