U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 01:20 AM

172 posts, read 70,599 times

Advertisements

There is this guy, around 40, that has been trying to get with me for 2 years. I told him directly I am not interested in him whatsoever. ....he said he got it but he keeps trying to find excuses to call me, text, message, etc. Instead of asking me if I am interested to hang out, he corners me with, so when are we going out? I told him, like on so many occassions, that I am busy and am not interested. A normal person would get the message.

So, he keeps asking me whenever he sees me on the street (sometimes on FB, too), how is my studying for this one license exam? Let's say I would see him on Monday in the street, he'd ask how's studying for the exam going, then bump into him Tuesday and he'd ask how's studying for the exam going. It annoyed me so much and I told him to please stop.

Bumped into him a few days back and again, when are we going out? (Dude is socially dumb!) I told him I cannot, he was all, come on, you like to sit at home and do nothing? Let's go out today. Then he asked me if I am going back home (the license exam is for my home country) and when? He asked me this question like 5 times before! Like I am dumb and do not understand where he is trying to get at!

He irritates me so much!!! I am trying to act politely but I do not want to go hang out with him period!
Am I supposed to straight up tell him, "Listen, I never want to hang out with you, nor talk to you!"

He keeps asking personal questions and his constant obsession with my future plans and exams is irritating me so much!

I don't get why some people are so obsessed with what others are doing!!! Once I graduate in a few months, I will never see him again so why does he care???? He also hinted to me he wants to take this license exam, I told him what to study, but he keeps asking ME my future plans!!!

I believe that people with low self esteem usually are the ones obsessed with what others are up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 01:21 AM

35,108 posts, read 40,230,180 times
If you have no blocked his access to you I see no reason for you to complain.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:24 AM

172 posts, read 70,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you have no blocked his access to you I see no reason for you to complain.
He goes to the same school as me, so yes, sometimes I see him in the street.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:15 AM

6,799 posts, read 3,862,667 times
Block him on FB. Don't even stop to talk to him, just walk away. You're being too nice.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:15 AM

4,787 posts, read 9,299,537 times
He keeps annoying you because you keep the door to you open. In his mind you are saying " no" but don't really mean it.

Block him on Facebook, block him on your phone ( contact your carrier- most have ways of blocking ).

Do not speak to him on the street. Nod your head to acknowledge him and not be rude, then just keep walking away. If he says anything tell him there will be no conversation and then ignore him and keep walking away. You must be 100% consistent.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:48 AM

5,104 posts, read 5,394,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
He keeps annoying you because you keep the door to you open. In his mind you are saying " no" but don't really mean it.

Block him on Facebook, block him on your phone ( contact your carrier- most have ways of blocking ).

Do not speak to him on the street. Nod your head to acknowledge him and not be rude, then just keep walking away. If he says anything tell him there will be no conversation and then ignore him and keep walking away. You must be 100% consistent.
^^This, OP.

He's not respecting your boundaries. It's time to stop being polite, and assert yourself.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:54 AM

12,184 posts, read 10,353,957 times
Just gotta snap at him once and let him know how it really is. Some guys really are that dense.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:05 AM

5,696 posts, read 4,418,525 times
Text him back next time: John, I respectfully request you stop texting me.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:43 AM

12,886 posts, read 15,429,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty_charge View Post
Am I supposed to straight up tell him, "Listen, I never want to hang out with you, nor talk to you!"
yes...you are, and should...he obviously needs that, and as long as you keep interacting with him (i told him what to study) he'll not understand or believe it.
guaranteed if you stopped ALL interaction with him he'd get the message...unless he's dangerous.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:49 AM

5,782 posts, read 4,833,476 times
Yes, you absolutely need to be a little rude to get through to the rock he calls a brain. Do not reply to texts or calls, or you can block him. When he asks when you are going to go out say "Sorry buddy, I'm just not interested". Then excuse yourself with "I've got to go, I'm running late", and walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or