Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 11:00 AM

32,632 posts, read 47,964,911 times

Advertisements

Maybe he doesn't drive well. Maybe the person next to him was parked over the line at the time that he parked, but moved before you saw that he was parked over the line.

Myself, I've had knee surgery and can't get in or out of my car unless I can open the door fully, all the way, as far as it will go. Most parking lots have spaces too narrow to fully open a car door. So, it is possible that he has a medical reason to straddle the line in the parking lot.

It's a doughnut shop. He couldn't have inconvenienced you for too long. But, generalization, yes it is rude to take two spots in a crowded lot where there are no other free spots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 11:07 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,152 times
I live on an unpaved county road outside of town. People throw litter, even sacks of garbage from their windows as they drive past my house all the time. This is my home - not the county landfill. If I catch someone doing this, I'll tell them that their trash is not welcome here, and more often than not, they'll just shrug their shoulders. Now I just take down their license plate numbers and report them to the proper authorities. Amazing how well this tactic seems to have worked.

Also people who text and drive - they're as bad as someone who gets behind the wheel and drives drunk.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:14 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,830,041 times
It was not done personally to you though.

I get more angry at stuff done personally to me...like a rude shopper that does not say excuse me and runs a cart over my feet.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:18 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Besides, it seems like double parking in a tight parking lot only increases the likelihood that someone's going to back into you, etc.
yes, I would worry somebody scratches my car because I take up two spots.

I usually park far away from the crowd and walk further but less chances of scratches/dings.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:18 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,650,956 times
They're rebels... rebels don't care much for rules.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:21 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,160,594 times
I am happy you called him out. Sometimes that is all it takes.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:49 AM

12,840 posts, read 865,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
I once saw a car that was taking up FOUR spaces in a shopping centre lot by parking across the lines. It was a 5 series Mercedes Benz.

He came back to find his car surrounded by four other cars, all less than six inches from his car. They turned out to be mall employees, who had seen this jerk do this for a week while he was working in the management office of the mall. They left their cars parked there, and went for supper after work, and came back about 9 pm.

Idiot boy had gone home in a taxi. He got it.

XXX.
Now that's funny!!!

Old 05-09-2017, 11:55 AM

12,840 posts, read 865,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Taking up 2 spaces is not double parking. It's just being an ass.

https://driversed.com/resources/term...e_parking.aspx
Exactly! Thanks for posting this to clarify to others here.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:04 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,641,987 times
As long as they have no consequences, they'll keep doing it.

Some people just don't like obeying authority and get tired of following the rules all the time. I know I feel that way sometimes, but I certainly don't park in 2 spaces. Sometimes I park a bit diagonal but still within the space, and the friend riding with me asked if I wanted to re-park so it's straight. NO.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:23 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonstrong View Post
I don't think I will ever get used to people doing rude things just because they think they can.

For example I stopped by Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee this morning, and there were not any available parking spots. Two people decided to double park for no reason. So I sat there and waited for someone to come out so I could park and one of the first people to come out was a double parker. I rolled down my window and asked him why take two spaces. He just shrugged his shoulders and took off.

What have you encountered that makes you angry?
In my town when that sort of thing happens, others looking for parking spaces leave nasty notes on the windshield of the parking-space offender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships