Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 12:39 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,308,551 times

Advertisements

[quote=LowonLuck;48098710]I almost always park in handicap spots so I have extra room and prevent rude people from dinging my doors.

I drive a really nice car and I do not want someone denting it. Some cars are more than some houses. People should learn respect and not damage other peoples property.

I would have had all four cars

If your not handicapped I hope you will get towed away. I drive a luxury car too, but will no way ever will I park there just to protect my car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 12:46 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,308,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I have valid handicap tags and have just as much right to park in those spots as your mother.

I wish I could have bought my house for as little as my car, but I live in an expensive state.

Yes, My car was fairly expensive for me, and I want to keep it nice for many years. I could care less about showing it off. I drive it because I like it. I only talk about it, if someone specifically asks about it, and it is a great family car, so sometimes people ask for that reason.
Ok I read this after I posted my reply. My apologies.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:32 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Myself, I've had knee surgery and can't get in or out of my car unless I can open the door fully, all the way, as far as it will go. Most parking lots have spaces too narrow to fully open a car door. So, it is possible that he has a medical reason to straddle the line in the parking lot.
That's when a smart person checks into applying for a handicap parking permit. My mother has one because she had mobility issues and can't walk far.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I almost always park in handicap spots so I have extra room and prevent rude people from dinging my doors.
That's not why handicapped spots exist.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I have valid handicap tags and have just as much right to park in those spots as your mother.
Yet you state that the reason you park in handicap spots is to protect your car from dings and scratches "because you paid so much for it." If your permit/plates are valid, you would be parking in a handicapped spot because you need to based on your disability, not because you want to protect your car.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post

I don't remember you ever mentioning having a disability, which makes it more curious now.
Oh, she has one, but it isn't physical in nature.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:40 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
I have valid handicap tags and can park in those spots.
Then why didn't you say so in the first place?

In all your posts complaining of and addressing this-and-that you've never mentioned a disability I can recall. Communication is a marvelous thing.

By the way, being in possession valid tags does not necessarily mean having a handicap. I've known people who use their parents' to game the system. Despicable!

Old 05-10-2017, 03:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
The other day at the grocery store I was the last one in line when the cashier closed her line so she could go on break. As she was ringing up my stuff, a guy put his stuff down behind mine. The cashier politely told the man that her lane was closed, so he'll have to check out with someone else. In a very monotone voice the guy responded by saying "I'm so embarrassed, I didnt even notice," and then just stood there. We both just looked at the guy for a good 10 seconds waiting for him to move, but he didn't. The cashier told him again that her lane was closed, but the guy just continued to stand there. She ended up ringing him up, because he wouldn't move to a different line.

And no there wasn't a language barrier, he knew what was he was doing. It just came off as so rude, as if his time was more important then anyone else's time. All the other lines had at least 3-4 people in them, so I'm sure he was just wanted to check out faster while everyone else patiently waited their turn.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:34 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,020,552 times
Oooh! Maybe this doesn't apply to this thread, but the rudest thing happened to me the other night. It was late...1am, maybe?, and I went into Wal-Mart to grab some laundry detergent. There was only one check-out line open because the store was pretty much dead. As I was walking to the check-out, this young couple that had an OVERFLOWING cart of groceries started power-walking and basically cut me off to get in the line ahead of me! Again, I had ONE item -- a bag of Gain Flings!

Now, I'm usually the type who will ask the person behind me if they want to step in front of me in line in that type of situation. They did the opposite and literally cut me off!

Luckily, a cashier who had been standing there saw what happened, opened up another lane, checked me out and then closed her lane. She didn't say anything, but she looked at them, rolled her eyes and shook her head. We were on the same page.

Beyond rude!

Old 05-10-2017, 10:32 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,729,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonstrong View Post
I don't think I will ever get used to people doing rude things just because they think they can.

For example I stopped by Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee this morning, and there were not any available parking spots. Two people decided to double park for no reason. So I sat there and waited for someone to come out so I could park and one of the first people to come out was a double parker. I rolled down my window and asked him why take two spaces. He just shrugged his shoulders and took off.

What have you encountered that makes you angry?
Last week I went to a grocery store and as I got in my van to leave the car next to me, after loading their groceries, pushed the cart behind my van to get it out of their way. I got out of my van and said, "Hey! Can you put the cart where it belongs?" The guy got really offended at the way I "came at him" and accused me of racism. He was yelling and causing a scene. He did move the cart but I'm still dumbstruck at the flippant attitude.

One of the things he said during his rant at me was "Whatta ya gonna do, sue me?" I'm left with the idea that he's a down-and-outer who has nothing to lose and is at odds with society.

Scary.

Last edited by tommy64; 05-10-2017 at 11:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships