Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 05:58 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times

Advertisements

Or is it Part 4? Whatever.
So last weekend, I go to a party thrown by a mutual friend. My friend (the widow I told you about) is there, as were many mutual acquaintances. I preface this by saying, I drove myself - my friend came with two of her friends.
Okay, so we're all there, having a good time. This one woman I'll call "Evelyn" (not her real name), whom I met a couple of months ago through my friend, greets me warmly. We get to talking and turns out that we have a few commonalities. As we're talking, Evelyn is, as I'm later told, "all over me like a cheap suit". And I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel some attraction to her.
Next day, my friend calls me. She's upset. Asks me - no, interrogates me: "Do you like her? Are you gonna call her? Do you wanna **** her...?" She's upset, hurt, saying things like, "I don't know if we're gonna continue our friendship...Evelyn is sneaky, she'll try to get information out of you about me...." and such stuff.

I keep telling my friend, and it's the truth: I'm NOT one to talk of other people! Any information I get, I keep to myself. Period. If anyone seeks information about a certain person, I firmly suggest they ask that person, and keep me the hell out of it!

So now, my friend isn't speaking to me! **long sigh**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 06:01 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Step away from the computer.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:55 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
My god almighty.

It's like a 15 year old girl is trying out her first attempt at a novel on us.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:05 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Step away from the computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
My god almighty.

It's like a 15 year old girl is trying out her first attempt at a novel on us.
Reps.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:19 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Or is it Part 4? Whatever.
So last weekend, I go to a party thrown by a mutual friend. My friend (the widow I told you about) is there, as were many mutual acquaintances. I preface this by saying, I drove myself - my friend came with two of her friends. Okay, so we're all there, having a good time. This one woman I'll call "Evelyn" (not her real name), whom I met a couple of months ago through my friend, greets me warmly. We get to talking and turns out that we have a few commonalities. As we're talking, Evelyn is, as I'm later told, "all over me like a cheap suit". And I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel some attraction to her.
Next day, my friend calls me. She's upset. Asks me - no, interrogates me: "Do you like her? Are you gonna call her? Do you wanna **** her...?" She's upset, hurt, saying things like, "I don't know if we're gonna continue our friendship...Evelyn is sneaky, she'll try to get information out of you about me...." and such stuff.

I keep telling my friend, and it's the truth: I'm NOT one to talk of other people! Any information I get, I keep to myself. Period. If anyone seeks information about a certain person, I firmly suggest they ask that person, and keep me the hell out of it!So now, my friend isn't speaking to me! **long sigh**
Not true as shown on this very forum in multiple threads in your written words.

OP: I can honestly say I have never in my 56 years of life seen so much dramatics within one group of people and I worked in Child Welfare for 15 years.

I urge you to think about finding a new group of less dramatic friends and choose your intimate partners a bit more carefully.

Last edited by CSD610; 05-09-2017 at 07:30 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 07:46 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Not true as shown on this very forum in multiple threads in your written words.

OP: I can honestly say I have never in my 56 years of life seen so much dramatics within one group of people and I worked in Child Welfare for 15 years.

I urge you to think about finding a new group of less dramatic friends and choose your intimate partners a bit more carefully.
Look, I wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't seen it myself! After all I've been through, I can only say, "Holy smoke!"

Old 05-10-2017, 06:34 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,393,687 times
Quote:
I think that's for the best, and you should try to keep it this way.

Your friend doesn't want you but doesn't want anyone else to have you. It's messed up. You should kick this person out of your life. If she calls you up again, tell her "Frankly, it's none of your business." and hang up.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:45 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,665,859 times
1. Why on earth would you allow a "friend" to interrogate you in such a demeaning fashion?
2. What kind of friend asks if you are planning to have sexual relations with another person? How is that ANY of her business?
3. Stop enjoying the jealousy. It's ridiculous.
4. Friends come and go. Look like it's her time to go.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:56 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
1. Why on earth would you allow a "friend" to interrogate you in such a demeaning fashion?
2. What kind of friend asks if you are planning to have sexual relations with another person? How is that ANY of her business?
3. Stop enjoying the jealousy. It's ridiculous.
4. Friends come and go. Look like it's her time to go.

That's pretty much all this is, isn't it?

Old 05-10-2017, 07:55 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Let her go, then. She doesn't want you, but she doesn't want anyone else to want you. She's a pill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships