Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 07:20 AM

15 posts, read 10,714 times

Advertisements

I guess I've just watched her get what she wants her whole life with a lot of help from others. Part of me wonder, well why the heck didn't i have all the support that she has had. She will often start something, dislike it, then has all these people around her getting her into something else. She never has been one to work for anything except the divorce i guess which on one could help with. in high school we were at an elite private school and she felt she was treated unfairly on the basketball team as did her family (Didnt get to play enough) so they moved her to another fancy private school. In college she went off to a top college, was sad because she didnt like the city and wasnt near her boyfriend so her parents got her into another great college close by and she graduated on time, no issues. Most other people would have had to suck it up and/or wouldnt graduate on time, etc. Then she hated her job shortly after college, cried about it and my own mother helped her get into a nursing school whereas many other people were having long admission waits. she just never has to work for anything and her family calls her 'princess'.

It just does irritate me that now she still landed on her feet. She was dating another guy for a year RIGHT before this guy. My guess is she found this money bags guy and ditched the poor other guy. I just wish she wasnt ending up with a rich man to flaunt herself with. No i dont want to see her unhappy but would have been nice to just see her end up with an average dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 07:29 AM

554 posts, read 622,708 times
I understand it does sound like she has been pampered her whole life but try not to focus on it too much.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:40 AM

15 posts, read 10,714 times
Yeah...she really has been and she isnt particularly nice, has an entitled attitude and has basically been brought up to think she is better than others. I guess she will just continue to be this way, have children and raise them this way as well. I just really dont want anything to do with the situation or hear about it. It just seems so typical that she would end up with a guy like this to take care of her and she will continue to have everything she wants and flash it in people's faces as if to say, hey I'm better than you, that's just how it is.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:54 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,921,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettivy01 View Post
Yeah...she really has been and she isnt particularly nice, has an entitled attitude and has basically been brought up to think she is better than others. I guess she will just continue to be this way, have children and raise them this way as well. I just really dont want anything to do with the situation or hear about it. It just seems so typical that she would end up with a guy like this to take care of her and she will continue to have everything she wants and flash it in people's faces as if to say, hey I'm better than you, that's just how it is.
Well- if it gives you any "comfort" she's in her late 30's, no kids (you are assuming she even wants them) not engaged, and her eggs are going bad as we speak. How did she support herself these last 8 years between divorce 1 and current rich boyfriend? Is she self supporting? You mention nursing school- did she graduate with a 4 year degree? If so- let me tell you- that in itself is no easy task. Good for her.

You make her sound like Amber Heard- going to bed with Johnny Depp and waking up with Elon Musk.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

Old 05-17-2017, 08:11 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
I have a cousin who i was close with up until i was about 25 then we grew apart. We both grew up going to private school and that having an education was very important etc. I always noticed she seemed to be more enchanted with money than i wa. Seemed to always have friends who had a lot, was very important to her where her boyfriends went to school. She is i guess you could say snobby but acts very nice to everyone's face. At 29 she married a guy who looked good on paper (ivy league school, running his own business) but their marriage lasted about 6 months.

About 8 years later she is in a serious relationship where she's moving to be with a guy who has a very high profile lucrative career. I cant help but feel irritated. I feel like for the love of God why do you always have to go for the people with money? Her two sisters also have a lot of money. One was smart and has a good job, the other married money also. Their mother also encouraged them to marry well but it makes me irritated to see that they all did. I cant help but wish the one im talking about married someone average...i really dont feel like hearing about what a fabulous life she will be having for the rest of her life. She's nothing special...why does she get to be rich? So many women find no one yet she finds someone who is just what she and her family always wanted for her.

Why do some people get everything they want in life?

I get that she was divorced once so it wasnt alwaya easy but again she married him because he fit her mold...ive never seen her date an average joe kind of guy.
Yes, some people seem to have all the luck. Things aren't always as great as they appear though.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:13 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
I also had cousins who had much more support and benefits than I did. They married people just like them and have (outward appearances) wonderful lives with no financial struggles. Like attracts like. People with the same backgrounds and values tend to connect more easily so its natural that advantaged people find other like themselves. If the kinds of lives these people have cause you jealousy, perhaps you might work hard to provide your own children the kinds of exposure, support and opportunities to help them like your aunt & uncle did for your cousins.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:22 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,160,987 times
I went to a fancy private university myself, I worked my butt off to get into that school. I had hoped to meet a rich man there lol and I did not. Thats not WHY i went to that school of course but I do get a little jealous, too, when I see my peers from school paired up with loaded guys traveling the world and not doing much work.

I never liked any of those rich dudes though. I found them so boring. I needed a dude with a little edge who loves me and I found him. I am using what I have learned in school and in life to motivate my man to do his best. His family does not have much to give him but he has me. I think eventually we can grow together to have everything we want.

It does suck seeing things seemingly handed to other people. The spoiled kids might not appreciate what they have in the way I do. I may win the game in the end. It isn't a game, though...it doesn't make me any happier seeing other people miserable! Try to be positive. I know I have the wherewithal to work for what I want in life and the spoiled kids might not have that wherewithal. When **** hits the fan I am always ready. I don't have to call mom and dad (or my fiance's mom and dad!). It is nice to feel independent.

Last edited by brocco; 05-17-2017 at 08:30 AM..

Old 05-17-2017, 08:26 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Are you happy with your life, OP?

If not, she's not the reason why. It's not like there's only so much happiness to go around and she got a big piece so there's not enough for you.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:48 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Why do some people get everything they want in life?
My female cousins from one of my mother's sisters all "married well". They have seemingly big careers in politics and their husbands are also.

But one by one those cousins got divorced, got remarried, and divorced again.

They are all now unhappy and broke, and found that the friends they thought they had were only there if they could afford to be included in their group.

I wouldn't say they are getting everything they want in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships