Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 06:24 AM

15 posts, read 10,689 times

Advertisements

I have a cousin who i was close with up until i was about 25 then we grew apart. We both grew up going to private school and that having an education was very important etc. I always noticed she seemed to be more enchanted with money than i wa. Seemed to always have friends who had a lot, was very important to her where her boyfriends went to school. She is i guess you could say snobby but acts very nice to everyone's face. At 29 she married a guy who looked good on paper (ivy league school, running his own business) but their marriage lasted about 6 months.

About 8 years later she is in a serious relationship where she's moving to be with a guy who has a very high profile lucrative career. I cant help but feel irritated. I feel like for the love of God why do you always have to go for the people with money? Her two sisters also have a lot of money. One was smart and has a good job, the other married money also. Their mother also encouraged them to marry well but it makes me irritated to see that they all did. I cant help but wish the one im talking about married someone average...i really dont feel like hearing about what a fabulous life she will be having for the rest of her life. She's nothing special...why does she get to be rich? So many women find no one yet she finds someone who is just what she and her family always wanted for her.

Why do some people get everything they want in life?

I get that she was divorced once so it wasnt alwaya easy but again she married him because he fit her mold...ive never seen her date an average joe kind of guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 06:28 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Youre upset that someone went after what she wants?

Old 05-17-2017, 06:31 AM

It's one thing to go after a job but a rich husband is another story. Yes im irritated that things always work out her way.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:45 AM

Im not saying i wouldnt want to see her find someone but of course at 37 she still had to find someone rich. Never anything less than stellar for her.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:49 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,923,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettivy01 View Post
I have a cousin who i was close with up until i was about 25 then we grew apart. We both grew up going to private school and that having an education was very important etc. I always noticed she seemed to be more enchanted with money than i wa. Seemed to always have friends who had a lot, was very important to her where her boyfriends went to school. She is i guess you could say snobby but acts very nice to everyone's face. At 29 she married a guy who looked good on paper (ivy league school, running his own business) but their marriage lasted about 6 months.

About 8 years later she is in a serious relationship where she's moving to be with a guy who has a very high profile lucrative career. I cant help but feel irritated. I feel like for the love of God why do you always have to go for the people with money? Her two sisters also have a lot of money. One was smart and has a good job, the other married money also. Their mother also encouraged them to marry well but it makes me irritated to see that they all did. I cant help but wish the one im talking about married someone average...i really dont feel like hearing about what a fabulous life she will be having for the rest of her life. She's nothing special...why does she get to be rich? So many women find no one yet she finds someone who is just what she and her family always wanted for her.

Why do some people get everything they want in life?

I get that she was divorced once so it wasnt alwaya easy but again she married him because he fit her mold...ive never seen her date an average joe kind of guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettivy01 View Post
It's one thing to go after a job but a rich husband is another story. Yes im irritated that things always work out her way.
Worked out, please point to where they worked out? Six month marriage, that did not work out. Shallow friends, that did not work out. Shallow family, that did not work out.

Stop judging your life by her's, her's is really not that good, pretty empty infact.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:50 AM

226 posts, read 297,235 times
Well it's just as easy to fall for a rich guy as a poor one. Maybe your cousin will actually be happy next time around. Try to be happy for her. Also try focusing on the pursuit of your own dreams so neither one of you has to be jealous of the other.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:54 AM

35,522 posts, read 17,818,962 times
Scarlett, I think maybe you're the one who values money the most. Her life hasn't been that great. She married at 29 and that was such a collossal disaster that it only lasted 6 months. That must have been a terrible hit.

Now she's 37 and she's "moving to be with a guy" who has a "very lucrative career". Not marrying him, though? What did she do in between getting divorced at 29 and now at 37 moving somewhere else to be with this new guy?

Her life sounds kind of sad to me. And lonely. Money isn't everything - but it seems to me you see she's had two short relationships with wealthy men and so her l life is blessed.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:56 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,653,485 times
Jealousy is an ugly emotion, which you're proving in spades. Would you be happier if she was a Meth addict living in an abusive relationship? Would that make your life more meaningful? Focus on yourself, not others for your feelings of self worth.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:02 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,288,275 times
The best cure for jealousy is to focus on what you have in your life that makes you happy. If your life is lacking in some way, change it.

Quite comparing your life to that of others.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:15 AM

554 posts, read 621,236 times
Let me get this straight you are upset because your cousin is happy and is going to marry a man she loves. Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships