U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:39 AM

42,837 posts, read 78,874,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
So, since I have an upcoming move, I was wondering if there are any sites out there that help you meet people to make as friends- and friends only- I am married and not looking to date.

I found girlfriendcafe.com, but there are A LOT of lurkers, but hardly anyone posts.

Are there sites out there that are split up by region of the US or even by states?
MEETin.org - Fun Events Free Events Make new friends in your city.

This one you can use when you already live in the area and are able to attend events. The national board is active, but the local ones usually are not. There may be exceptions.

Last edited by sierraAZ; 03-09-2008 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 11:11 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,086,502 times
There's Meetup: World's largest community of local Meetups, clubs and groups! - Meetup.com

Old 03-09-2008, 08:06 PM

267 posts, read 1,704,526 times
Try cafemom.com.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:18 AM

21 posts, read 43,573 times
I'm kind of looking for the same thing. Will be moving to Myrtel Beach area in 3 weeks and would love to find folks with similar interests. We are 50'ish couple, kids aged 13, 11, 10&10, enjoy movies, music, card games, cookouts, fishing. Being from the midwest we are just common, friendly folks with good values (although we love a little George Carlin now and then) and have good senses of humor.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,472 times
hi guys, take a look at ecpod if you would like to meet nice chinese girls or boys. Hope it helps. ECpod Share Your World (http://www.ecpod.com - broken link)

Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 AM

2,412 posts, read 4,505,721 times
Quote:
So, since I have an upcoming move, I was wondering if there are any sites out there that help you meet people to make as friends- and friends only- I am married and not looking to date.

I found girlfriendcafe.com, but there are A LOT of lurkers, but hardly anyone posts.

Are there sites out there that are split up by region of the US or even by states?
You can try. Most people in local chat sites are looking to hook up. Or read all the drama from others hooking up.

You have interests other than a PC, correct? Church? Go to churchs! Horseback riding? Join a riding academy. Golf? Join a club. Astrofarming? Hang out in a planetarium.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:59 AM

40,224 posts, read 39,767,039 times
Quote:

Try meetup.com.

Type in an interest and zipcode and you can find like minded individuals.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,078,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Try meetup.com.

Type in an interest and zipcode and you can find like minded individuals.
Use the Internet to get off the Internet! - Meetup.com is a very good one. I found a knitting group in my town on there. I've also made friends by taking classes and going on hikes with local hiking groups.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:41 AM

15,596 posts, read 35,222,104 times
Quote:

Yup! City-Data Dot Com!

Ok, we have lurkers too...but most of them post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships