Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 01:02 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,292,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
He gets out of work before she does, and as soon as she gets out and gets home, he comes to her house and they hang out until she goes to bed. She also gets annoyed that he doesn't let her relax for a couple of hours after work, but I will add that he not only does this with me, but with her and his other friends.
I couldn't be friends with a needy leech like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 01:24 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,947,381 times
It helps to repeat yourself and not answer detail questions that he should not be asking.

Example

Him: Are you busy tonight?
Me: Yeah I am, sorry.
Him: What are you doing?
Me: Busy, sorry..gotta go
Him: What time and for how long?

No answer from you...ignore....

Old 05-22-2017, 01:39 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,618,102 times
Quote:
I should have also included that he and his girlfriend hang out every single day. He gets out of work before she does, and as soon as she gets out and gets home, he comes to her house and they hang out until she goes to bed.
My daughter dumped a boyfriend that did that to her. He was waiting for her when she finished work, and would come over and hang out until I threw him out at the end of the evening. Told her she needed to learn how to establish boundaries. :-) Eventually, she declared that she was tired of being smothered, and that was the end of him. To him, wanting to be with her all the time was his way of showing love. To her, it felt like he didn't trust her.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:41 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,598,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
Are you sure you want to still go on a vacation with this guy??Please cancel while you still can...
Quote:
Yes, I am sure. How dare you ask me to cancel.
Strange response, if you ask me. You're complaining about how this guy wants you (another guy) to hang out with him and his girlfriend all the time and doesn't seem to have any boundaries. His girlfriend is also tired of hanging out with him all the time. And you're planning a vacation with them? Sounds pretty awful.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:45 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,592,941 times
I mean this with the upmost respect:
Grow a set...

Old 05-22-2017, 04:18 PM

361 posts, read 426,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Strange response, if you ask me. You're complaining about how this guy wants you (another guy) to hang out with him and his girlfriend all the time and doesn't seem to have any boundaries. His girlfriend is also tired of hanging out with him all the time. And you're planning a vacation with them? Sounds pretty awful.
Because I like the guy and his girlfriend and enjoy our friendship, but don't want to hang out with them 24/7. For God's sake, are you not intelligent or do you just not understand?

Old 05-22-2017, 05:15 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,536,909 times
Quote:
Because I like the guy and his girlfriend and enjoy our friendship, but don't want to hang out with them 24/7. For God's sake, are you not intelligent or do you just not understand?
Who's the gutless wonder who can't tell another MAN 'No, I don't want to see you 24/7'?

don't come in here insulting people you've asked for opinions. Everything you've posted makes you sound weak and too stupid to take up for yourself. I bet you 'give in' all the time.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:20 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,292,781 times
^ preach!

Old 05-22-2017, 07:49 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,598,688 times
Quote:
You'll be hanging out with him 24/7 when you're on vacation, won't you?

You better do what you need to do to keep him as a friend. With your hateful attitude you probably don't have very many.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:54 PM

361 posts, read 426,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You'll be hanging out with him 24/7 when you're on vacation, won't you?

You better do what you need to do to keep him as a friend. With your hateful attitude you probably don't have very many.
Wow, talk about hateful attitudes. Wanting to approach an issue sensibly with a friend is a hateful attitude?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships