Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 12:58 PM

924 posts, read 751,657 times

Advertisements

One of my female cousins kind of fits this description.......she's in her late 20s, and as far as I know, had never been in a relationship. (she doesn't live alone, though...shares an apartment with friends).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 05:46 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,585,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane de Poitiers View Post
One of my younger cousins kind of fits that description - "Stacey" is in her late 20s, and as far as I know, she's never been in a relationship. (she doesn't live alone, though......I believe she shares an apartment with a female friend)
Maybe that is the relationship.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:05 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
Was wondering if you known anybody who lost a love one and isolated themselves for the rest of their lives?

Jimmy buffet song
https://youtu.be/XGmERAWVdWM
I have a good friend that lives alone and as far as I know has never been romantically involved with anyone.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:54 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,106,961 times
I'm beginning to suspect I can't make room in my heart for anyone who isn't my own blood, and most of them are dead. My career goals are all that keep me from joining them, though I wouldn't object if my number came up sooner than anticipated.

Friends come and go, I've yet to annoy anyone enough to be considered a worthwhile enemy and relationships are uncharted territory. With dragons. Big, angry dragons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV2ideRjDIk

Old 06-01-2017, 08:02 AM

554 posts, read 623,017 times
My uncle is in his late 60's and has never been married and doesn't have kids. He used to leave with my grandmother but she passed away so now he lives by himself. It is sad because when we visit him he makes comments like "I am all alone now." I feel for him but he has always been different. When all of his siblings grew up and left home he stayed with his mother. I often ask my mother if he was special when they were children but she claims he was normal. I think his parents and siblings were in denial about his situation. Most children grow up and leave home at some point to attend college, go into military or just to have your own independence.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:06 AM

59 posts, read 68,354 times
Me, I guess you could say me. I'm about to be 29, and I haven't been in a long term committed relationship yet. I have been with women but it just doesn't end up being long term. My longest relationship was about 6 months officially, however I had an on and off with a former girlfriend for about a year but I wasn't interested in really committing, and that was about a 2 years ago. Since then I have just been focusing on myself and trying to get ahead in life that I haven't really thought about trying to go out to date or really looking for anyone. Also add that I just haven't found any women that I really click with, and I am a introvert so that doesn't help as well. I feel like I'll be lonely forever, lol. I do want to start a family in the future but right now I'm just fine with being by myself and not having to deal with anyone else.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:31 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,873,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
I'm beginning to suspect I can't make room in my heart for anyone who isn't my own blood, and most of them are dead. My career goals are all that keep me from joining them, though I wouldn't object if my number came up sooner than anticipated.

Friends come and go, I've yet to annoy anyone enough to be considered a worthwhile enemy and relationships are uncharted territory. With dragons. Big, angry dragons.
Same with me. I've been in a few relationships, and didn't really enjoy any of them. And the older I get, the less desire I have for one. The only people I want in my life are family, pre-existing friends, and new friends I vetted thoroughly. Nobody is worth losing my independence for. Otherwise, we might as well go back in time to 1776 and tear up the Declaration of Independence. I did make one enemy in the last five years, but he's been dealt with via a police report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merotti View Post
Me, I guess you could say me. I'm about to be 29, and I haven't been in a long term committed relationship yet. I have been with women but it just doesn't end up being long term. ...<snip>... I do want to start a family in the future but right now I'm just fine with being by myself and not having to deal with anyone else.
You might benefit from joining Meetup groups. I had numerous good experiences with them and only two bad ones. It's a way to enjoy fun outings with like-minded people. Most groups will be a little more than time-fillers, but a few will help you make good, trustworthy friends. Unlike myself, you do want to start a family eventually, so it might help you achieve that goal as well. Just don't join solely to meet women; that's considered bad juju.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:09 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...r-mr-mrs-right

Hmm, maybe a distant female relative who had an obvious disability. I didn't know her well enough for that to be more than an educated guess, and I'm not sure she was functional enough to live alone.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:28 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,780,345 times
My mother's neighbor's son. He is a little older than me, when he was a teenager I thought it was odd that he would never go out. He just stayed home and watched TV. His brother complained about how lazy he was often.

Anyway, he went to college and graduated. Got a low paying job and was let go years ago. Never worked since. His mom pays his rent, car insurance, does his laundry. He is in his mid 40's and has no job, no savings, never had a girlfriend. He goes on dates but they never last past the 2nd date. He is probably a virgin. All he does is watch TV and go on the internet all day long. His brother is married with kids and is successful.

Also, my wife's cousin is a 70-something year old male virgin lives in a one room apartment never had any relationship. He is very religious and probably is gay but because he is so religious he will never admit to himself that he is gay. Kind of sad, he looks like he would make a good bottom.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:44 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post

Also, my wife's cousin is a 70-something year old male virgin lives in a one room apartment never had any relationship. He is very religious and probably is gay but because he is so religious he will never admit to himself that he is gay. Kind of sad, he looks like he would make a good bottom.
WTH!! You're talking about for one, a 70 year old virgin, with no sexual experience and no admittance of being gay........., and then shoot to "he would make a good bottom" That's quite a leap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships