U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 06:50 PM

18,350 posts, read 23,523,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Slept with my boyfriend, and left her earrings on his nightstand so I would find them.
that's just lower than a dung beetle..

she must have been some jealous of you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 06:52 PM

15,672 posts, read 8,391,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

I'd suspect most are mate

But yes agreed that's bad

Old 05-27-2017, 06:53 PM

43,228 posts, read 41,828,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

How many teeth has she got left?
I left her teeth but she was missing some hair when I got through LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

\_(ツ)_/

Old 05-27-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I left her teeth but she was missing some hair when I got through LOL.

\_(ツ)_/
I was gonna put hair as well

Old 05-27-2017, 07:08 PM

43,228 posts, read 41,828,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I was gonna put hair as well

Well, teeth are harder to replace. So I figured I was taking the high road.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:09 PM

4,743 posts, read 4,369,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
When I was young and just starting out (and very poor), I had a roommate, a close friend, in a city outside our family's city. I came home from work, and she was loading up her car with her things. "Where are you going?" I asked her in shock while we stood outside. She wouldn't look at me. She just cont'd loading her car and said she's pregnant and going home to live with her mother. It was near the end of the month. "You're just going to leave me here, stuck with the rent? What am I supposed to do? You know I don't have the money!" She left.

So she had known for some time she might be pregnant, then found out she was pregnant, made her plans. And throughout the whole time, she never told me or warned me.

I couldn't afford the rent by myself, so had to move. I was left to deal with the landlord, and had to find a cheap apartment on short notice. I found a walkup 1 bedroom in an old house, thank goodness. It was a very difficult time for me and sent me into a deep depression. I didn't know many people there and didn't know what to do. So I stayed there working until I could afford to move back to my home city.

I ran across her years later, and she just said, "I'm sorry I did that." I don't remember what I said, but I sure didn't say, "Oh, that's okay." And I didn't say something ugly. I think I asked her why she did that to me, and she said that she was in a panic over the pregnancy or something.

It crossed my mind that she didn't want me around during the pregnancy because she was going to say it was "Doug's" baby, but I knew who she had been sleeping with in the new city we lived in. That kid did end up looking a lot like the guy she was sleeping with when we shared a place.
Somewhat the same here. My then best friend and I were sharing an apartment my senior year in college (she'd graduated the semester before). With no warning she decided to move in with her BF in Denver. It was finals time and I was trying to cram for my exams and finish this god-awful plant collection for a class in botany. Plus, I didn't have any money either, and there was no way I was going to find a new roommate in the middle of finals with the summer break coming up. To add insult to injury, she packed up a bunch of my stuff with her own when I wasn't around to stop her. So, I had to deal with the landlord, a bunch of my stuff (including my stereo) being vanished and two hundred (I kid you not) plant specimens all waiting to be mounted on herbarium sheets by yours truly. I could have killed her! She claimed it was all for love, but it felt like all for spite to me. Neither the BF or Denver was going anywhere. She could have held off on the big move for another month, anyhow. She certainly could have refrained from resorting to theft. Needless to say, the friendship was completely over. This was 40 years ago, and I would never trust her again to this very day.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Well, teeth are harder to replace. So I figured I was taking the high road.
You're a far greater person than I my love

Old 05-27-2017, 08:50 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,327,428 times
A couple of my "best friends" in 8th grade decided they hated me, but never told me why. One day we were all buddies; the next day I was a pariah. They proceeded to bully me and physically threaten me and spread rumors about me.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:09 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,048,127 times
In high school, I had a mega crush on this guy. We flirted and hung out and stuff for what felt like forever, but nothing ever happened. My best friend at the time knew how I felt...looking back, it's almost embarrassing how hung up I was on this guy. Anyway, she asked me for his number and said she was going to try to help things along a little bit. Next thing I knew, they were hanging out all the time, but she kept telling me that she was talking to him about me and that he liked me and blah blah blah. Then, they went to the prom together (I had been DYING to go to the prom with this guy) and have been together ever since. 11 years later, they've been married for a few years now.

They're happily married and so am I, so it all worked out for the best in the end, but I feel like she was really underhanded and shady about the whole thing. If she liked the guy, she could have at least told me, but she kept acting like she was trying to hook us up when she was making moves on him the whole time. It destroyed our friendship, although we did reconnect on Facebook a few years ago, and we had a few amicable conversations since then. I'm certainly not mad about it anymore, but I'm not sure I could trust someone like that to be my BFF again.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:07 AM

470 posts, read 554,632 times
A friend I've had since junior high school would give me job leads that turned out to be nothing like she described--job conditions and/or pay, for example. One prospective job lead she gave me involved going to another city, a half-day of stressful testing and interview process, and at the end of that, I was told this company wasn't hiring for my city. My friend had assured me they were recruiting for my town, as I asked her this beforehand. Her response when I told her about this the next day was, "Well, at least you had a fun day in Birmingham."

The final straw came when she asked me to go see another classmate of ours over a weekend. We left when she wanted to on Friday--the only thing I asked of her is that we return early on Sunday because I had to work Monday. She didn't work so I suppose that wasn't a big deal for her although she told me, "Oh yes, we'll be home before dark Sunday night." Needless to say, we got home hours after she said we would and I still had to do all my chores, grocery shopping, etc. when I got back.

I put up with this inconsideration for a long time, because we had been friends so long and I really believed she meant well--just clueless! I've finally just backed away from a friendship with her, so we just are "Friends" on FB and that's it!

Last edited by lizzyst; 05-28-2017 at 06:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or