Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 10:13 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,707,699 times

Advertisements

I had a horrible "friend" for about 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 05:57 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Not a close friend, but someone I knew.

I interviewed for a job at the company this guy worked at. He'd been there a long time. At one point in the interview process I was asked if I knew anyone who worked there. I said, "Yes, X." X walks by a couple of minutes later and the interviewer calls out, "Hey, this woman says she knows you."

He looked straight at me and said, "I have never seen that person before in my life."

I waited for the "April Fools! Hahahaha...." but it didn't come.

Didn't get the job. I have no idea why he sabotaged me on purpose.

People suck.
Sorry for quoting myself but I just realized the most likely reason why X did this.

We both belonged to a social group and some of the members were gossipy. Like most gossips, they tended to invent things.

While I had an overtly cordial relationship with X, there's no telling what lies he might have been told. I don't know that's what happened, but it's certainly possible, so I think I can forgive him now.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:48 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,287,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidaldream View Post
I bought my first car. It was a Celica, back in the eighties.
I had been driving the car about a month.

Our group of friends met at a restaurant.
A girl (who tried to steal my boyfriend behind my back, whom I didn't care for but inched her way into our group) says to me
"Where did you park?"

"On the side of the restaurant" I replied.
She said "No, your car wasn't there, I just walked past that area".

I quickly looked in my purse to verify I had the keys...
then tore out of the restaurant, my heart pounding believing my car had been stolen, my stomach in knots, feeling like I was going to faint ...

When I get to the parking area I see two identical cars parked side by side and the girl standing right beside me with a big smile, beaming.

She says: "There, now everyone will know when they see a white Celica they'll not only think of you but they'll think of me too."
She bought a car in some twisted way to try to spite you? Oh, yeah, she has issues.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:33 AM

619 posts, read 575,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Not a close friend, but someone I knew.

I interviewed for a job at the company this guy worked at. He'd been there a long time. At one point in the interview process I was asked if I knew anyone who worked there. I said, "Yes, X." X walks by a couple of minutes later and the interviewer calls out, "Hey, this woman says she knows you."

He looked straight at me and said, "I have never seen that person before in my life."

I waited for the "April Fools! Hahahaha...." but it didn't come.

Didn't get the job. I have no idea why he sabotaged me on purpose.

People suck.
You reminded me of a job sabotage attempt. It wasn't a friend, exactly, but my father's then wife (they subsequently got divorced). let's call her Mary.She had been working at Company for several years. I was desperately looking for a job. I had a young child and my then husband wasn't working(or something, I don't remember all the details). There was a job available at Company that she never told me about. MeanWhile I went to a temp/placement agency and they offered me the job. Mary was Not Happy . Tried to convince me that I didn't want to work there. YElled at my then husband to get off his duff and support his family. Finally she told me that she spoke with mr. Smith (office manager/Hr director( and told him that she doesn't want me there. She told me that he told her that they will keep me in for a few days and then let me go as "unsuitable" or something.

Well. I thought that she was lying but I couldn't take the chance. I called the temp agency and told them the whole story because i didn't want a dismissal on my record. They spoke with mr. Smith, I started working there, and Mary was coldly polite to me in public.

I actually ended up returning to that Company about two years later for a second temp job.

To this day, I don't know why she did this. My father thought that she actually didn't do anything at work and didn't want me t To know. I really didn't care . (It was a very small offuce, maybe 30 people in total, so I would have noticed something like that)

Old 08-12-2017, 04:25 PM

121 posts, read 75,605 times
Left me in a wheelie bin in a field overnight.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:45 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Most recently a group of women I did volunteer work with, ganged up on my behind my back without me knowing about it and said some untrue things about me to the volunteer coordinator. To make a long story short, they decided to pin the blame on me for something they had done. It came out of the blue and I had no way to cope at the time because I didn't see it coming. It made me very sad and still does to think about it. Then they avoided me altogether because they were embarrassed, as they knew they had lied. I have not been able to trust anyone since then.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:06 AM

4,242 posts, read 947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidaldream View Post
50 years later, she is STILL nosing around my life wondering what I'm doing.
Ugh, me too. About once a year I get a phone call from her to "catch up" which basically means one-upping me on her children, her home, her vacations, etc. Vowing to make this the year I don't pick up the phone!

Last edited by CarolinaMoon1; 08-13-2017 at 09:25 AM..

Old 08-13-2017, 11:11 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,010,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK1 View Post
Left me in a wheelie bin in a field overnight.
would love to hear that story !!!

Old 08-13-2017, 01:25 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
I unfriended several people recently. it felt good. Like finally taking out trash that's been laying around far too long and starting to smell rank. Just good to get them off my list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships