Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:49 AM

18,051 posts, read 15,639,191 times

Advertisements

Betrayed my confidence and fed info about me to the person who was bullying me in school (and who continued to bully me for about 2 years). The betrayer was my then 'best friend'/cousin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 11:23 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,259 times
No one has screwed me more than family. Lol
I did have a few instances where friends didn't pay their share of the rent but we were young and I'm cool with them now.
I have a really good friend who always has drama, I was just asking him last night if he was ever going to get his **** together cuz he's 43. He's my friend who always owes me $20-50 but on the bright side, I can always count on him for handyman stuff and he's otherwise a great friend as long as you can accept that he is who he is...

Old 05-27-2017, 12:24 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,869,118 times
51 years ago, she had a fling with my fiancée and got pregnant by him.

At the time, I didn't realize what a big favor she did me. She got stuck with him and I ended up with a much better man.

So, I guess it ended up being the "best" thing a friend ever did to me. If I had any idea where she was, I'd definitely thank her.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:40 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
Many years ago a friend was interviewed about me for a job I was applying for. She volunteered the information that I smoked weed. I got the job anyway but it meant I had to go thru an extra interview and it COULD have cost me the job. I forgave her on the basis of cluelessness. She's passed on now so I'll never really know why she did it.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:31 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
When I was young and just starting out (and very poor), I had a roommate, a close friend, in a city outside our family's city. I came home from work, and she was loading up her car with her things. "Where are you going?" I asked her in shock while we stood outside. She wouldn't look at me. She just cont'd loading her car and said she's pregnant and going home to live with her mother. It was near the end of the month. "You're just going to leave me here, stuck with the rent? What am I supposed to do? You know I don't have the money!" She left.

So she had known for some time she might be pregnant, then found out she was pregnant, made her plans. And throughout the whole time, she never told me or warned me.

I couldn't afford the rent by myself, so had to move. I was left to deal with the landlord, and had to find a cheap apartment on short notice. I found a walkup 1 bedroom in an old house, thank goodness. It was a very difficult time for me and sent me into a deep depression. I didn't know many people there and didn't know what to do. So I stayed there working until I could afford to move back to my home city.

I ran across her years later, and she just said, "I'm sorry I did that." I don't remember what I said, but I sure didn't say, "Oh, that's okay." And I didn't say something ugly. I think I asked her why she did that to me, and she said that she was in a panic over the pregnancy or something.

It crossed my mind that she didn't want me around during the pregnancy because she was going to say it was "Doug's" baby, but I knew who she had been sleeping with in the new city we lived in. That kid did end up looking a lot like the guy she was sleeping with when we shared a place.

Old 05-27-2017, 03:17 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
She dissed every important occasion in my daughter's life...HS grad, college grad, wedding, plus my 50th birthday. She's Catholic, so I went to all the multiple ceremonies that religion has for kids, plus attended her 50th bday party, even though it meant returning to the ----hole where we grew up.

Her husband is a pig who tried to grope females, including myself, even though I was her Matron of Honor, & she was told many times by many people, family included, about what he was doing...total denial. Now, he's all over social media with religious quotes...yeah, he found the lord.

She was perfectly OK with letting her husband exploit my husband's generosity multiple times, with not even a thank you.

I knew this person since 5th grade.

So, thanks, M, you really restored my faith in humanity.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:34 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Not a close friend, but someone I knew.

I interviewed for a job at the company this guy worked at. He'd been there a long time. At one point in the interview process I was asked if I knew anyone who worked there. I said, "Yes, X." X walks by a couple of minutes later and the interviewer calls out, "Hey, this woman says she knows you."

He looked straight at me and said, "I have never seen that person before in my life."

I waited for the "April Fools! Hahahaha...." but it didn't come.

Didn't get the job. I have no idea why he sabotaged me on purpose.

People suck.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:39 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
oh god we did some harsh stuff to each other.....thought it was all in fun...

we stole the sheriffs scarecrow from his garden and put it in the back of my buddy's truck while at school and the sherriff made his daily tour of the parking lot and saw his scarecrow,,,,,,,and steve was being called to the office.. caught so much crap for this and he claimed he didn't even know it was there

Old 05-27-2017, 06:40 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Slept with my boyfriend, and left her earrings on his nightstand so I would find them.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:42 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Slept with my boyfriend, and left her earrings on his nightstand so I would find them.

How many teeth has she got left?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships