U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:19 PM

109 posts, read 72,198 times

Advertisements

I had one friend who when were younger used to make me and another friend fight against each other for his entertainment, safe to say he isn't one of my friends anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 04:21 PM

1,733 posts, read 1,772,974 times
In high school, one of my friends f*cked my girlfriend.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:52 PM

666 posts, read 474,838 times
Was sleeping and my buddy put this icy hot type cream but prescription strength he got from the doctor all over my face. It burned so bad. I was literally going to beat him bloody untill he agreed to let me do it to him. That was some HOT cream.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:54 PM

21,699 posts, read 23,664,674 times
The worst thing any friend has ever done to me is lie. I despise a liar.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:41 AM

212 posts, read 97,774 times
As a teenager? Lied in order to save their own skin (I ended up the one getting in trouble even though I was never the one who did anything. As an adult? I went to a dinner with a friend of mine from college. She had a dinner for all her girlfriends to meet each other. She brought up politics at the table and no one said anything except me. I gave her my 2 cents and she didn't like my opinion. She called me up angry that I spoke insisting that this was her house and that I was a guest.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:54 AM

3,094 posts, read 2,199,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsinSnow View Post
As a teenager? Lied in order to save their own skin (I ended up the one getting in trouble even though I was never the one who did anything. As an adult? I went to a dinner with a friend of mine from college. She had a dinner for all her girlfriends to meet each other. She brought up politics at the table and no one said anything except me. I gave her my 2 cents and she didn't like my opinion. She called me up angry that I spoke insisting that this was her house and that I was a guest.
This is why I stay away from political discussions. Never discuss politics or religion!

Old 05-27-2017, 07:43 AM

9,804 posts, read 5,012,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceJackox View Post
I had one friend who when were younger used to make me and another friend fight against each other for his entertainment, safe to say he isn't one of my friends anymore.
Hi Steveo1

Old 05-27-2017, 08:02 AM

212 posts, read 97,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
This is why I stay away from political discussions. Never discuss politics or religion!
I never bring it up however my friend did so I responded to her while all her other friends were sheepishly saying nothing. If someone asks me a question on any topic, I'll respond.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:34 AM

1,076 posts, read 646,757 times
I think it was my request but once I was dropped off about 9 miles from home. I decided to hoof it while intoxicated and in strappy sandals. Tried to hitch but no one stopped: man, I was even more ticked off! Took me like 7 hours. But I learned a lesson: don.t get into "friends" cars.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:48 AM

15,672 posts, read 8,395,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Yes I agree with strangers but with friends should the topics arise you'd think you can have an adult conversation without people throwing their toys out of their prams.

Unless you know they're sensitive and you bring it up then that's different.

Thankfully this isn't really an issue for me especially in my circles with either friends, acquaintances or even strangers you can talk/joke without fear.

Like anything it depends on how you go about things, if you're looking for a fight and it's very apparent then you'll get one or if you're just being civil and it's clear then usually that's what you'll get in return
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or