Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 11:55 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,968,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
I'm not looking for advice, I'm just polling to see how many think the story is real, and how many think it was an elaborate scheme between the uncle, girlfriend and stepson.
Since you saw the police report online, how do you think this is a scheme? Do you think your uncle purposely got himself arrested for domestic violence so that your mother would have to pay the bail?

Did your mother bail him out herself, or did she send the money to someone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 12:20 PM

3,200 posts, read 2,402,864 times
Well if your Uncle shows up in court your mother should get the $5,000 back if she went to the jail to bail him out. If she paid the bail money directly to the court she should see her money back after he appears in court on the charges.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:29 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,244,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
You admit you fudged it so I think it may be fudged to look like a scheme. Maybe not.
I changed the relation titles and genders a little. Everything else is exactly how it happened.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:28 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,872,068 times
You said "fast forward a few months."

Did you expect the woman to still have the same injuries after a few months? Or him from this fight? Things heal way before a few months pass.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:45 PM

He was jumped by other inmates (or whatever the name is for people in a holding cell, instead of an actual prison). Maybe it wasn't serious, or even traumatic. I don't understand why a feminist would want to hang around someone who put his girlfriend in the hospital.

But it's pretty difficult to fake a police report, right? So maybe it wasn't a grand blackmail conspiracy.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:38 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,838,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
He was jumped by other inmates (or whatever the name is for people in a holding cell, instead of an actual prison). Maybe it wasn't serious, or even traumatic. I don't understand why a feminist would want to hang around someone who put his girlfriend in the hospital.

But it's pretty difficult to fake a police report, right? So maybe it wasn't a grand blackmail conspiracy.
I know in a couple states that with 911 call for DV, somebody has to be arrested. That could have been the case. My SIL and her then BF got into that situation... Even though my SIL was the one physically attacking, the guy was the one arrested. (My husband asked him why and he was all, but if she got arrested, she'd never forgive me. My husband told him he was an idiot and should have let her be arrested. They're married now )

It's possible that the severity of the gf's injuries are overblown, but if there's a court case, you might be able to glean some info from that.

As for the "feminist", you also said he was a liar and is very manipulative, I wouldn't put much stock into what he "believes" in. Those kinds of people are all about themselves and do whatever suits them.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:22 PM

13,273 posts, read 8,392,925 times
The devil is in the details. Fudging it makes me realize I need a glass of milk to swallow this tale.
First in creating characters..Name them.
Stepson would be , your manipulating step brother.
If you changed other facts ..It kinda makes it fiction..
Your mom is kind to help her brother.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:30 PM

4,903 posts, read 4,199,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Honestly, I'd just walk away from these people. You don't trust them, and they seem to generate drama between the guy that came bearing tales to you and the uncle who is screwing his life up. Send them cards at Christmas and leave them to their devices.
Sounds like great advice.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:09 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times
"Magnet for the handouts" says it all...
Abused women do return to abusive relationships--no question that happens
Trying to discover the truth of the initial situation and the current one can't really be done long distance...

Try to get your mother NOT to send any more money to these people AT ALL...
Unlikely to happen but you can only try...

Old 06-19-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
"Magnet for the handouts" says it all...
Abused women do return to abusive relationships--no question that happens
Trying to discover the truth of the initial situation and the current one can't really be done long distance...

Try to get your mother NOT to send any more money to these people AT ALL...
Unlikely to happen but you can only try...
That's the thing, I don't think my mother really grasps what a terrible person the stepson is. She never met him, but I did, lying is like breathing for him. The uncle associating with the stepson makes me not trust him by extension. Not that I even respect him after what he supposedly did to the girlfriend who I also met.

Despite the evidence that he was indeed arrested for DV, all of it sounds like terrible people exploiting decency and sympathy from their own family members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships