U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 11:14 AM

9,144 posts, read 3,540,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
She sounds really hot to me. I'm a similar aged guy. Into women that are really feminine, like to travel, workout, do yoga, go out in nature, stuff like that. If I knew the woman you describe in person, I would ask her out.
She actually sounds like a cool chick to me, too, someone I'd like to be friends with (I'm a woman).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 01:52 PM

392 posts, read 1,040,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
She actually sounds like a cool chick to me, too, someone I'd like to be friends with (I'm a woman).
Does that mean you're similar in nature to the woman described in this thread or just that you'd like to be friends with her?

Old 06-25-2017, 03:40 PM

5,901 posts, read 8,373,070 times
Quote:
Why would you like that? Im honestly asking

Also to the male poster, why would you like to date her?

Old 06-25-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Because I like have a mix of friends with different personality traits. I have serious friends who are really into their careers, but I also like having friends that are "fun". This girl sounds like she enjoys having a good time. I'm also into yoga, too.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
Does that mean you're similar in nature to the woman described in this thread or just that you'd like to be friends with her?
Like I said previously, it's nice to be around people who don't take life so seriously. She sounds like fun. No, I'm not like her completely. I don't live with my parents or anything like that, I support myself. But I've had friends who are 30 years old and still live at home, and honestly, it's none of my business. That wouldn't bother me because it doesn't affect me in the least.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:19 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,826,625 times
Quote:
30 year old woman
No job or job prospect
Lives with her parents
No boyfriend or prospect
No formal studies after high school
Is into yoga and hinduism and all that
Takes selfies all day long, posing in every situation
Hates reading
Hates studying
Loves talking about topics she has no idea about and when asked where did she get that data/fact from she says "oh, some friend of a friend told me"
Is into clothes and buys a lot of clothes from expensive brands per month, paid by her upper middle class parents
Travels to USA or Europe (we are in south america) every year for "vacation" (all paid up by her parents)
Gets lost easily in the city, cant take bus or subway cause she "gets lost" and only takes taxis or is driven wherever by their parents
If she finds herself in any place of the city, she wouldnt even know where she is or where to go. No sense of ubication
Is an avid user of social media and gets paid proffesional photographers to take pictures of her every week
Loves dressing up and using make up and having her hair done. She gets all this by expensive proffesionals weekly

She claims she would love to have a boyfriend with since i know her (4 years) she didnt have one, nothing, no guy around ever
Her friends are all shallow and vapid
She is very pretty
She lives life like she is 16 years old

All she does every day is:
Sit around
Do yoga
Takes selfies
Do her hair/nails/make up
Go shopping

Has no intentions of bettering herself and educating herself or build a future or a career

Seems like she wants a Prince Charming to rescue her from her parents house and take her to his palace

She claims to not like living with her parents cause they "bug her" but does NOTHING to get out. Not even a part time job

Her parents actually really really spoil her and treat her like she is a 15 years old princess

She cant keep the train thought of any conversation, not good on finishing sentences or talking seriously about any topic. Usually gets tired mid sentence and looks emptily into the wall.

You get the picture.

What do you think of a person like this and what would you do if they were a close family member? Be honest
I have no thoughts about others privacy to do what they want to do and would do nothing at all. Not my business.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:51 AM

5,901 posts, read 8,373,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have no thoughts about others privacy to do what they want to do and would do nothing at all. Not my business.
Congratulations!
Here, have a candy as a prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
These people live The Life until their parents are older and can't take care of them anymore. Then they're destitute with no skills and no way to take care of themselves. Unfortunately, it often falls on people like the siblings (aka the OP's brother) to step in and try to figure out what to do so their relative isn't out on the street at age 45 when the parents are at retirement age or older and can't afford to support a dependent child anymore. Believe me when I say that parents like this are doing their children no favors.

It's not just parents of female children who do this. There are certainly male children who are like this as well.
Exactly. Its kinda obvious where this is going, since she is becoming worse and worse. Or, let me rephrase it, her parents are making her worse and worse as time goes by. I know it is their fault too.

I wonder if someone else know someone that after their parents die ends up depending on their siblings, due to the fact that they ve been pampered by their parents all their life. There seems to be quite a lot of people like this, i know of a few cases, outside of my family too.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:25 AM

16,722 posts, read 14,611,808 times
Quote:

What do you think of a person like this and what would you do if they were a close family member? Be honest
Nothing. She's a lost cause and is a burden to her parents, but they are enabling her, so they earned it.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:38 PM

3,938 posts, read 2,558,815 times
She's not going to get better, she's only going to get worse and her habits will become more entrenched unless her parents make a drastic change (which based on what you've posted seems unlikely).

Your husband needs to have a conversation with his parents that makes it crystal clear that you will not be supporting her or letting her live with you when they die so they better set up a spendthrift trust (if they have enough money to support her for the rest of her life) or teach her to become independent while she still has a chance. No one will want to hire a middle-aged person with no job experience.

Good luck OP, I think you're going to need it.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:32 PM

392 posts, read 1,040,156 times
Quote:

Also to the male poster, why would you like to date her?
She sounds like a great fit for me. I'm an alpha male type(military veteran and a great athlete) and she sounds very feminine, artsy and free-spirited. Opposites attract. Also, I don't care where she works or how well off financially she is cause I'm a self-made millionaire. So I'll be the provider and the breadwinner. It also sounds like we have shared common interests; traveling, fitness, the outdoors and nature. What's not to like?

No disrespect intended but I think most modern women, especially westerners, place too much importance on their careers and competing financially with men. I know more tomboyish, studious, workaholic type women, than I do women with actual traditional feminine qualities. If I'm going to partner up with a woman, I want one that knows who she is, lives her truth and balances my masculine energy with her female energy, not one that adds more masculine energy to the mix.

This woman you describe sounds like she lives her life exactly how she wants and isn't bothered by the rat race that everyone else is caught up in. That is very refreshing and appealing to me. I would like to climb a mountain with her or go on some kind of spontaneous trip to somewhere neither of us has been before. I'd also like to photograph her or read a book at the park, while she does yoga. These activities sound like fun to me and tbh you couldn't do those things with 99% of women cause they'd be too busy with their job or just simply not into those activities.

Quote:
Like I said previously, it's nice to be around people who don't take life so seriously. She sounds like fun. No, I'm not like her completely. I don't live with my parents or anything like that, I support myself. But I've had friends who are 30 years old and still live at home, and honestly, it's none of my business. That wouldn't bother me because it doesn't affect me in the least.
I know several people in my age group 26-32, is the general age of my friends, that still live with their parents. It doesn't bother me at all and I honestly don't care what people do in their lives as long as it isn't something criminal. I like them for their personalities and our shared interests, not where they live or how well off financially they are. The reason I asked if you were like the woman in the original post is I noticed we live in adjacent states. The woman being described in this thread lives in South America and on top of that there's probably some sort of language barrier.

Last edited by jcx456; 06-26-2017 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: had to fix the incorrectly coded quote block
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or