U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 06:49 AM

5,901 posts, read 8,381,497 times

Advertisements

30 year old woman
No job or job prospect
Lives with her parents
No boyfriend or prospect
No formal studies after high school
Is into yoga and hinduism and all that
Takes selfies all day long, posing in every situation
Hates reading
Hates studying
Loves talking about topics she has no idea about and when asked where did she get that data/fact from she says "oh, some friend of a friend told me"
Is into clothes and buys a lot of clothes from expensive brands per month, paid by her upper middle class parents
Travels to USA or Europe (we are in south america) every year for "vacation" (all paid up by her parents)
Gets lost easily in the city, cant take bus or subway cause she "gets lost" and only takes taxis or is driven wherever by their parents
If she finds herself in any place of the city, she wouldnt even know where she is or where to go. No sense of ubication
Is an avid user of social media and gets paid proffesional photographers to take pictures of her every week
Loves dressing up and using make up and having her hair done. She gets all this by expensive proffesionals weekly

She claims she would love to have a boyfriend with since i know her (4 years) she didnt have one, nothing, no guy around ever
Her friends are all shallow and vapid
She is very pretty
She lives life like she is 16 years old

All she does every day is:
Sit around
Do yoga
Takes selfies
Do her hair/nails/make up
Go shopping

Has no intentions of bettering herself and educating herself or build a future or a career

Seems like she wants a Prince Charming to rescue her from her parents house and take her to his palace

She claims to not like living with her parents cause they "bug her" but does NOTHING to get out. Not even a part time job

Her parents actually really really spoil her and treat her like she is a 15 years old princess

She cant keep the train thought of any conversation, not good on finishing sentences or talking seriously about any topic. Usually gets tired mid sentence and looks emptily into the wall.

You get the picture.

What do you think of a person like this and what would you do if they were a close family member? Be honest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 06:54 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 2,055,184 times
You can't change people. Nothing to do here. She is the product of her parents.

I, personally, would not associate myself with someone like that. Don't care how much money they have.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:06 AM

345 posts, read 153,671 times
Sounds like she's living the life she wants and you are probably correct in thinking that she wants to move from her parents' house to her husband's house. I'm not sure why you feel like you have to "do" anything. If you don't want to associate with her - family or not - then don't.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:20 AM

4,468 posts, read 4,722,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
You can't change people. Nothing to do here. She is the product of her parents.

I, personally, would not associate myself with someone like that. Don't care how much money they have.

Totally true, her parents are to blame for crappy guidance. It's sad really, she'll never get out of this type of living unless she puts A LOT of work into changing.. and most won't do that.

Someone like this would annoy me to no end.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:31 AM

16,937 posts, read 17,236,141 times
You have written about her limitations, difficulty with doing common things like riding a bus, figuring out where she is if she was lost, and having "real" conversations, I would at least wonder if she has some type of cognitive or learning disability.

Perhaps, she did not continue her education because she couldn't not because she did not want to do that. Perhaps, she has never had a job because she couldn't handle a job. Perhaps, her parents are not keeping her at home because they are babying her but they believe that they are protecting her. Now the real problem may come up years from now when her parents die and she is forced to live by herself and manage everything on her own. I certainly hope that her parents have planned ahead for that time.

Perhaps she "lives life like a 16 year old" because that is as mature as she will ever become.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:34 AM

5,665 posts, read 4,379,291 times
If I cared deeply for such a person, I would invite her to spend a fun day with me "getting real in our city" and we would take public transporation (giving her a rail/bus route map and explaining it) to a local fun destination then back home. If that was a sucess, then maybe next month we'd have another outing using public transport again but going to a place with a little more appeal. And so on..... the old "teach a man to fish" theory.

If I did not care about this person, I would sigh and say "oh well".......

Old 06-24-2017, 08:44 AM

5,387 posts, read 2,254,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
30 year old woman
No job or job prospect
Lives with her parents
No boyfriend or prospect
No formal studies after high school
Is into yoga and hinduism and all that
Takes selfies all day long, posing in every situation
Hates reading
Hates studying
Loves talking about topics she has no idea about and when asked where did she get that data/fact from she says "oh, some friend of a friend told me"
Is into clothes and buys a lot of clothes from expensive brands per month, paid by her upper middle class parents
Travels to USA or Europe (we are in south america) every year for "vacation" (all paid up by her parents)
Gets lost easily in the city, cant take bus or subway cause she "gets lost" and only takes taxis or is driven wherever by their parents
If she finds herself in any place of the city, she wouldnt even know where she is or where to go. No sense of ubication
Is an avid user of social media and gets paid proffesional photographers to take pictures of her every week
Loves dressing up and using make up and having her hair done. She gets all this by expensive proffesionals weekly

She claims she would love to have a boyfriend with since i know her (4 years) she didnt have one, nothing, no guy around ever
Her friends are all shallow and vapid
She is very pretty
She lives life like she is 16 years old

All she does every day is:
Sit around
Do yoga
Takes selfies
Do her hair/nails/make up
Go shopping

Has no intentions of bettering herself and educating herself or build a future or a career

Seems like she wants a Prince Charming to rescue her from her parents house and take her to his palace

She claims to not like living with her parents cause they "bug her" but does NOTHING to get out. Not even a part time job

Her parents actually really really spoil her and treat her like she is a 15 years old princess

She cant keep the train thought of any conversation, not good on finishing sentences or talking seriously about any topic. Usually gets tired mid sentence and looks emptily into the wall.

You get the picture.

What do you think of a person like this and what would you do if they were a close family member? Be honest
Avoid.

She's a narcissistic, lazy flake who will eventually run out of road. And when that happens, it won't be pretty.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:02 AM

4,787 posts, read 9,261,640 times
I wouldn't think anything of her. She's a useless airhead.

What would I do about it- absolutely nothing. Not my problem. She and her parents have the life they want. This is not something I would feel the need for involvement.

I would have no contact with her. If there was a family gathering or something where I had to be with her, I would just be polite, say hello and then basically ignore her.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:04 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,397,991 times
Sadly, there's no percentage from getting close to a vapid person. It sounds like she has major maturation problems. Clearly her parents are physically and financially taking 'good' care of her so her wellbeing is ensured. This is not someone I would wish to get close to.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:12 AM

1,524 posts, read 681,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Unfortunately, it's not always possible to prune some of the branches of the family tree.

Do yourself a favor and limit the amount of time you spend in her company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or