U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-28-2017, 09:16 PM
 
60 posts, read 48,334 times
Reputation: 111

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's definitely spooky. I'm thinking that until you ascertain that she hasn't been in to work, you don't really have grounds to report a missing person to the police. Do you work? Could you drop by her workplace, as if you were just in the neighborhood, or wanted to go to lunch with her?

You could say we've seen too many CSI shows, but the fact that the social media profiles both were removed (and the day before you were supposed to meet with her), is very unusual. Are you acquainted with her sister? Have you met her?
Her sister and mother live out of state so I don't know them. Her father lives in the same state but I don't know him either.

 
Old 06-28-2017, 09:18 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,202 posts, read 70,129,290 times
Reputation: 76034
Do you recall what photos were removed from her profile, before it completely disappeared? Any pattern to which ones were removed?
 
Old 06-28-2017, 09:18 PM
 
16,992 posts, read 20,622,433 times
Reputation: 33961
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB75 View Post
After sending the second text on Saturday, with no reply, I would have called it a day. Calling her husband most likely made them both feel uncomfortable and decided to block you on social media.

People have the best intentions, but in reality, any social plans outside of family and close friends, are just work.
What a ridiculous comment.

How do people become close friends? No one is given at birth a set of close friends...sigh.
 
Old 06-28-2017, 09:20 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,202 posts, read 70,129,290 times
Reputation: 76034
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Most company VM systems if you press zero can get you to a live person. If not call her main company number.

You're not crossing boundaries, this is very strange. You just who you are and you're concerned.
What do you think of the idea of the OP messaging the sister on the sister's social media page, to ask if she's heard from X lately? She could say they had a get-together scheduled yesterday, but it didn't happen, and there's been no response from X.

Reasonable? Not?
 
Old 06-28-2017, 09:21 PM
 
16,992 posts, read 20,622,433 times
Reputation: 33961
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
Her sister and mother live out of state so I don't know them. Her father lives in the same state but I don't know him either.
Well if you know their names contact them.

Unfortunately things do happen to people, at least you will have some type of answer. I can't imagine anyone being "put out" that someone is asking about the well being of their family member.
 
Old 06-28-2017, 09:22 PM
 
60 posts, read 48,334 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do you recall what photos were removed from her profile, before it completely disappeared? Any pattern to which ones were removed?
It was almost like she unfriended me but she didn't. I could only see her cover page and profile photo and nothing else. But I was able to comment on her cover photo "are you ok - been trying to reach you" - that was last night. Today accounts were removed.
 
Old 06-28-2017, 09:23 PM
 
16,992 posts, read 20,622,433 times
Reputation: 33961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What do you think of the idea of the OP messaging the sister on the sister's social media page, to ask if she's heard from X lately? She could say they had a get-together scheduled yesterday, but it didn't happen, and there's been no response from X.

Reasonable? Not?

Yes, very reasonable. Since the sister is out of state who knows how often they communicate.
 
Old 06-28-2017, 09:24 PM
 
60 posts, read 48,334 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well if you know their names contact them.

Unfortunately things do happen to people, at least you will have some type of answer. I can't imagine anyone being "put out" that someone is asking about the well being of their family member.
I sent her sister a message. I have a really unsettled feeling. I sent my friend a text asking her to let me know she's ok and that's all I needed to know a few days ago - she would at the very least respond to that.
 
Old 06-28-2017, 09:26 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,202 posts, read 70,129,290 times
Reputation: 76034
OK, OP, I think we're more or less agreed on a plan?

1. Message the sister to ask if she's heard from her sister recently.
2. Call her work general number/receptionist tomorrow.

If the news is negative (no show, no communications since last week), report a missing person.


Thx for your input, seain.
 
Old 06-28-2017, 09:29 PM
 
60 posts, read 48,334 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, OP, I think we're more or less agreed on a plan?

1. Message the sister to ask if she's heard from her sister recently.
2. Call her work general number/receptionist tomorrow.

If the news is negative (no show, no communications since last week), report a missing person.


Thx for your input, seain.
Yeah I think that's the plan. I was thinking of calling her city police and asking them to do a wellness check. If she doesn't want to be friends that's fine. I just want to make sure she's ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:22 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top