U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 06:35 PM

9,873 posts, read 3,926,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
True. Unless there was some huge falling out, and the friend is mad, and wants to cut the OP off forever. But the OP would know if there'd been a huge blowup. Maybe friend & her husband want privacy for whatever personal reason.
It seems no matter what kind of horrible blowup could have happened to the OP and her prior lunch companion, I don't think her husband would pull his facebook page over it.

This seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with Jazzy, IMHO. She's just witness to this friend going AWOL and standing her up for Tuesday lunch and then disappearing from social media and possibly work too.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:44 PM

77,942 posts, read 69,884,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It seems no matter what kind of horrible blowup could have happened to the OP and her prior lunch companion, I don't think her husband would pull his facebook page over it.
Well, there could be, because the OP called him to ask about her. Granted, removing social media site is a drastic move in such a case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC;
This seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with Jazzy, IMHO. She's just witness to this friend going AWOL and standing her up for Tuesday lunch and then disappearing from social media and possibly work too.
That's what I've felt since the start. Either something nefarious happened, or the friend & her husband are going through some kind of personal issues, and don't want to have active social media accounts for the time being.

In any case, the OP says she's done with it. Maybe there will be some bit of news in a few weeks.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:09 PM

3,092 posts, read 2,180,623 times
Shoot, for all we know, this woman or her husband (or both) could have been witness to or testified against some Mafia figures or high level drug lords - and entered the Witness Protection program. When that happens, they relocate you, change your name and identity, etc.
Such could be the case.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:39 PM

60 posts, read 48,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Shoot, for all we know, this woman or her husband (or both) could have been witness to or testified against some Mafia figures or high level drug lords - and entered the Witness Protection program. When that happens, they relocate you, change your name and identity, etc.
Such could be the case.

Scary stuff

Old 06-30-2017, 08:12 PM

6,605 posts, read 3,804,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Such could be the case.

More likely IMO they are having personal or legal problems and wish to withdraw from social relationships.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:48 PM

2,330 posts, read 6,257,717 times
Personally, if someone stopped talking to me and just dropped me... oh well.. I can understand why she feels the way she does.. But some people just don't want to be heard from again. Leave well enough alone..

Old 06-30-2017, 08:59 PM

9,873 posts, read 3,926,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Personally, if someone stopped talking to me and just dropped me... oh well.. I can understand why she feels the way she does.. But some people just don't want to be heard from again. Leave well enough alone..
Right. You're not connected. I respect that.

I completely get that - some men don't want to connect, and are distanced from everyone in their lives. (I truly mean no disrespect, honestly).

But most women are connected.

The women I'm connected with would actually arrive in pairs or triplets, and knock on the door, and insist on an answer to where the woman was unless she appeared and said we need privacy please. THEN, okay, we'd get it. She needs privacy to deal with whatever it is.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:23 PM

2,330 posts, read 6,257,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Right. You're not connected. I respect that.

I completely get that - some men don't want to connect, and are distanced from everyone in their lives. (I truly mean no disrespect, honestly).

But most women are connected.

The women I'm connected with would actually arrive in pairs or triplets, and knock on the door, and insist on an answer to where the woman was unless she appeared and said we need privacy please. THEN, okay, we'd get it. She needs privacy to deal with whatever it is.

actually not the case.. I can connect in many ways. I think the difference between a male and a female is knowing when to walk away. She attempted to communicate with her but this made no difference. At this point this was a clue that showed that maybe they weren't as connected as anticipated.

The one thing about me is I don't hide anything and am pretty blunt. If I don't want to talk to you anymore I am pretty open about it. Apparently this friend is not that way. The result is the situation the OP is in..

Not a situation that I envy or one that I would like to be in. I just know when to leave well enough alone.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:25 PM

3,239 posts, read 4,450,269 times
This happened to me once with my BEST friend. I knew she had a rocky marriage and things were up in the air. I had known her for 10 years and she went totally silent. Left messages, drove by, all to no avail. About a month went by and I finally left an angry message that said, "if I don't hear from you immediately I am sending the police over to look for your body!" She called quickly and explained that her (horrible) husband had convinced her to not talk to me or anyone and that they needed alone time to work things out. Well that didn't work. She saw through his control and resumed her life. They were divorced. I have remained her best friend for the next twenty years.

You never what people are up to in their private lives, even a best friend.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:26 PM

77,942 posts, read 69,884,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
actually not the case.. I can connect in many ways. I think the difference between a male and a female is knowing when to walk away. She attempted to communicate with her but this made no difference. At this point this was a clue that showed that maybe they weren't as connected as anticipated.

The one thing about me is I don't hide anything and am pretty blunt. If I don't want to talk to you anymore I am pretty open about it. Apparently this friend is not that way. The result is the situation the OP is in..

Not a situation that I envy or one that I would like to be in. I just know when to leave well enough alone.
To be fair, the OP said pages ago that she was dropping it, she's done. It's the rest of us that keep kicking it around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships