U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 09:31 PM

77,999 posts, read 69,929,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
Yeah I think that's the plan. I was thinking of calling her city police and asking them to do a wellness check. If she doesn't want to be friends that's fine. I just want to make sure she's ok.
Does she have other friends who might be trying to reach her, or was she more of a loner?

Old 06-28-2017, 09:32 PM

60 posts, read 48,305 times
Quote:
Yeah I think that's the plan. I was thinking of calling her city police and asking them to do a wellness check. If she doesn't want to be friends that's fine. I just want to make sure she's ok.
She has a few other friends but I don't know them. I wish I knew her best friend name.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
She has a few other friends but I don't know them. I wish I knew her best friend name.
I think you have sufficient contacts to check. I was wondering if she had other friends, because I suspect you're not the only one who's tried to contact her, asking "are you ok", and that someone removed her profile because there were too many messages coming in, asking questions. Whoever it was didn't remove the profiles because of you, I don't think. It was to prevent more messages from coming in, IMO. And perhaps to prevent anyone from responding to those messages.

Worrisome.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:37 PM

16,992 posts, read 20,598,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, OP, I think we're more or less agreed on a plan?

1. Message the sister to ask if she's heard from her sister recently.
2. Call her work general number/receptionist tomorrow.

If the news is negative (no show, no communications since last week), report a missing person.

Thx for your input, seain.
You're welcome.

Sounds like a good plan.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I think you have sufficient contacts to check. I was wondering if she had other friends, because I suspect you're not the only one who's tried to contact her, asking "are you ok", and that someone removed her profile because there were too many messages coming in, asking questions. Whoever it was didn't remove the profiles because of you, I don't think. It was to prevent more messages from coming in, IMO. And perhaps to prevent anyone from responding to those messages.

Worrisome.
Now I'm freaking out.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:

Worrisome.
Good point.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:41 PM

153 posts, read 84,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
What a ridiculous comment.

How do people become close friends? No one is given at birth a set of close friends...sigh.
Fine to disagree, but insults aren't necessary.

She stated their friendship was a professional one and continued only through social media and text messages. Not, in my opinion, a close friendship.

The stalking behaviors are concerning to me.

Last edited by JB75; 06-28-2017 at 09:51 PM..

Old 06-28-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Now I'm freaking out.
You could call the police where they live and ask for a wellness check, explain everything you said here. Ask that the police call you back with a status if you feel you can't wait till morning.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB75 View Post
Fine to disagree, but insults aren't necessary.

She stated their friendship was a professional one and continued only throughs social media and text messages. Not, in my opinion, a close friendship.

The stalking behaviors are concerning to me.
Lol wow. Do you need a hug? You seem pretty removed.

Have you had a friend go missing and end up murdered? I have.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Now I'm freaking out.
Well, that's the first thing I thought of. If someone wanted to unfriend you, they wouldn't remove their entire profile. They'd block you. In this case, not only did the profile disappear, the husband's profile did, too.

Be sure to tell police that, as well; that the husband's profile was also removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships