U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 08:16 AM

3,911 posts, read 2,746,836 times

Advertisements

Why not go to her house yourself instead of considering calling police?

Another thought is financial problems, they didn't pay the cell phone bill so it's suspended and they can't answer calls or see texts. Or, she broke/lost her phone.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:18 AM

60 posts, read 48,476 times
Well I was going to call her work but I just noticed her sister blocked me on fb. I sent her a message yesterday saying I was concerned. She did block me but I'm positive that my friend and her husband did remove their accounts. So I guess she's not missing. So weird.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:39 AM

12,030 posts, read 16,765,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf1958 View Post
I think the key point here is the OP said both husband and wife's social media accounts were DELETED, not that she is blocked. That indicates to me the couple is going through some issues or something bad is happening. Best thing is to call the workplace and see if friend is still working. If she is, end of story. If she isn't, call the cops for a wellness check.
How would she know? If you've been blocked on Facebook, it looks like the account has been deleted.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:41 AM

98 posts, read 80,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
Well I was going to call her work but I just noticed her sister blocked me on fb. I sent her a message yesterday saying I was concerned. She did block me but I'm positive that my friend and her husband did remove their accounts. So I guess she's not missing. So weird.
That's really weird. All the scenarios I'm thinking about in my head don't quite add up.

-They were murdered, sister did it.
-They don't want to be friends with you anymore, and sister knows that. But why delete accounts just because of you?
-They are going through a rough time and want privacy. But why doesn't sister simply say "She's fine" instead of blocking you?

Old 06-29-2017, 08:42 AM

15,254 posts, read 16,829,163 times
All of that is very strange but since the sister blocked you, I would just leave it alone. Don't feel bad for caring about them-- however at this point it looks like family knows what's going on and there's really nothing you can do.

A friend of mine did the same thing--didn't block me but took down his page. To be honest, I didn't notice because he lived in another city. A short time later he died, although I don't know how. I wanted to express my condolences and sent his wife and daughter friend requests, but they never responded.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:43 AM

12,030 posts, read 16,765,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I agree with the posters who said call her work and ask someone in her office or department if she has been at work because you are a little worried about her.

How many times have we heard on the news about people who didn't show up to work and then they were discovered dead? Murder/Suicide? It's happened in my county a lot in the last few years. Of course if she hasn't been to work in awhile I would think someone there would have said something. But you never know. I guess I watch too many crime dramas.

In the last condo I lived in, a 38 year old woman died at home from diabetes complications. She had a 3 year daughter who lived there with her mother's dead body until someone from her office sent police over for a wellness check.
And work would notice she was missing long before a friend, and would likely have already contacted emergency contacts and/or the police. Isn't that fairly standard protocol?

If someone called my work like this, it could cause some serious problems for me or at the bare minimum stir up the gossip mill. There would be no chance of recovering the friendship if one is being so invasive and persistent. The friend should have spoken to the OP, but I know I would be significantly less inclined to continue a friendship with someone who contacted my husband, sister, and then considered calling my work or the police because I didn't respond.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
And work would notice she was missing long before a friend, and would likely have already contacted emergency contacts and/or the police. Isn't that fairly standard protocol?

If someone called my work like this, it could cause some serious problems for me or at the bare minimum stir up the gossip mill. There would be no chance of recovering the friendship if one is being so invasive and persistent. The friend should have spoken to the OP, but I know I would be significantly less inclined to continue a friendship with someone who contacted my husband, sister, and then considered calling my work or the police because I didn't respond.
A family friend went missing and was murdered by her husband. And a close female friend of mine fell out of contact after getting addicted to heroine a few years ago. Her mother actually filled out a missing person report on her after similar behavior. So I have good reason to worry.

It's completely out of character

Old 06-29-2017, 09:16 AM

16,720 posts, read 14,695,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
The last I spoke with her was last Wednesday.
I texted her on Friday and got no response.
Sent her another text on Saturday and got no response.
I sent her a Facebook private message on Monday and got no response.
And then sent a message on Tuesday
So I sent her husband a message
I called her phone and got voicemail
Needy much?

I'd have blocked you too.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Needy much?

I'd have blocked you too.
I have been following this page for awhile but never posted until last night. Why are you're responses to posts always so negative/nasty? I'm sorry you are such an unhappy person. Hope you feel better.

Life is too short to be so hateful.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:43 AM

19,795 posts, read 19,895,713 times
Even though it won't solve your curiosity , having the sister refuse to communicate also IS an answer of a sort.
For whatever reason you are now persona non grata.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships