U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-29-2017, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Camberville
12,030 posts, read 16,768,354 times
Reputation: 19758

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
A family friend went missing and was murdered by her husband. And a close female friend of mine fell out of contact after getting addicted to heroine a few years ago. Her mother actually filled out a missing person report on her after similar behavior. So I have good reason to worry.


It's completely out of character
That's fair - we all come to situations with our personal experiences. I've had an acquaintance harass me in a manner that I would call very similar to how you have behaved (reaching out to my boyfriend, friends, etc) and was made EXTREMELY uncomfortable by it. That's where my perspective lies.

 
Old 06-29-2017, 09:49 AM
 
60 posts, read 48,485 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
That's fair - we all come to situations with our personal experiences. I've had an acquaintance harass me in a manner that I would call very similar to how you have behaved (reaching out to my boyfriend, friends, etc) and was made EXTREMELY uncomfortable by it. That's where my perspective lies.
Harass? Ok. Have a nice day.
 
Old 06-29-2017, 09:50 AM
 
60 posts, read 48,485 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Even though it won't solve your curiosity , having the sister refuse to communicate also IS an answer of a sort.
For whatever reason you are now persona non grata.
Yeah I'm done.
 
Old 06-29-2017, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Houston area
762 posts, read 809,623 times
Reputation: 1742
It's odd that the friend could not give even a short explanation of why she was not going to meet up with you on Tuesday night. A quick text canceling your get together is not asking too much.

Some people look like adults but don't act like adults.
 
Old 06-29-2017, 10:12 AM
 
60 posts, read 48,485 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
It's odd that the friend could not give even a short explanation of why she was not going to meet up with you on Tuesday night. A quick text canceling your get together is not asking too much.

Some people look like adults but don't act like adults.
It's just not who she is not to do that.
 
Old 06-29-2017, 10:33 AM
 
8,224 posts, read 10,786,939 times
Reputation: 7621
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
It's just not who she is not to do that.
How do you know?

I would have left it alone after she did not message or text me back the first time.

People are flacky.
 
Old 06-29-2017, 10:39 AM
 
60 posts, read 48,485 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
How do you know?

I would have left it alone after she did not message or text me back the first time.

People are flacky.
She's not flaky. Something bad must have happened.
 
Old 06-29-2017, 11:04 AM
 
16,797 posts, read 14,542,431 times
Reputation: 37906
JustJazzy, you did the right thing. It amazes me how cavalier some people can be about their friendships. As for me, I depend on my friends to check up on me if I am quiet and to call me out when I am acting strangely.

I know your curiosity and concern has not been satisfied, but I have no idea what you should do next. Probably nothing.

There is something going on that certain people do not want you or anyone else to know about.
 
Old 06-29-2017, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Maryland
98 posts, read 80,585 times
Reputation: 240
I don't think you did anything wrong. If I had plans to meet with someone and they fell off the face of the earth, I would be trying to reach them too. Especially if it's out of character for them.
 
Old 06-29-2017, 11:11 AM
 
17,002 posts, read 20,679,321 times
Reputation: 33988
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I guess I'm coming at this from a different angle - why is it easier to accept that something *very* nefarious happened (assuming a third party deleted their Facebook pages) than that they both put you on a limited profile view before blocking you? The whole circumstance is weird, but maybe something changed and they were too immature to actually talk to you like a grown up? As someone else noted, maybe they are having marital issues and are locking themselves down.

Working in social media, this isn't as uncommon as you'd think. It sounds like you were blocked by both to me. Do you have other people who were mutual friends with them?

Personally, I think it's highly inappropriate to call her work.
You had a thread about a friend committing suicide. Kind of odd you don't get that things happen to people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
JustJazzy, you did the right thing. It amazes me how cavalier some people can be about their friendships. As for me, I depend on my friends to check up on me if I am quiet and to call me out when I am acting strangely.

I know your curiosity and concern has not been satisfied, but I have no idea what you should do next. Probably nothing.

There is something going on that certain people do not want you or anyone else to know about.
Agree, but I think a lot of people have a lot to say when they're not the ones in the situation. Very easy to say that when it's not someone they care about who suddenly is MIA.

I posted earlier I know a situation where a fairly young guy was found dead in his apartment after a few days, he worked from home so no would miss him in the office, but a couple of people worrying looked into it.

Unforntunately and it seems to be more and more bad things can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top