Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 08:32 PM

60 posts, read 58,282 times

Advertisements

This is so strange. So I made a friend at a new job a little over a year ago. We both ended up leaving that company for new jobs but keep in touch several times a week by text and social media.

The problem? She fell off the face of the earth. We were talking via text last week and we made plans to get together Tuesday night - which was last night. The last I spoke with her was last Wednesday. I texted her on Friday and got no response. Sent her another text on Saturday and got no response. I sent her a Facebook private message on Monday and got no response. And I noticed on Monday afternoon that her social media account had several pictures and other things removed - even though we were still "friends" on my list.

And then sent a message on Tuesday telling her that I hope she was OK and asking if we were still getting together Tuesday night. She didn't respond. So I sent her husband a message asking if everything was ok - he didn't respond. I called her phone and got voicemail.

Today I looked on social media and both her and her husbands accounts were deleted. It isn't like her at all to not respond or blow me off. I'm really concerned. I guess she could have decided not to be friends with me anymore but it's just not her style to do it like this.

I checked the local news to see if something happened with their names - but got nothing.

Advice?

Old 06-28-2017, 08:42 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
OP, if both her AND her husband's accounts are completely deleted from social media, the chances that this is about you are close to nil.

Have you tried calling her at work? Do you have her work phone, or can you call her office?

It's a little disturbing that both accounts have been deleted. I'd be curious to see if she's been showing up to work. If not, I wonder if a missing person's report should be filed. Do you know much of anything about her husband? Did she ever say anything about the relationship, or about his character?

Old 06-28-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, if both her AND her husband's accounts are completely deleted from social media, the chances that this is about you are close to nil.

Have you tried calling her at work? Do you have her work phone, or can you call her office?

It's a little disturbing that both accounts have been deleted. I'd be curious to see if she's been showing up to work. If not, I wonder if a missing person's report should be filed. Do you know much of anything about her husband? Did she ever say anything about the relationship, or about his character?
I did try calling her work today and got her voicemail. She spoke highly of her husband. I almost wanted to send her sister a Facebook message but didn't want to cross boundaries.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:48 PM

153 posts, read 121,018 times
After sending the second text on Saturday, with no reply, I would have called it a day. Calling her husband most likely made them both feel uncomfortable and decided to block you on social media.

People have the best intentions, but in reality, any social plans outside of family and close friends, are just work.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB75 View Post
After sending the second text on Saturday, with no reply, I would have called it a day. Calling her husband most likely made them both feel uncomfortable and decided to block you on social media.

People have the best intentions, but in reality, any social plans outside of family and close friends, are just work.
No the accounts are removed completely - I'm not blocked. And I only messaged her husband out of concern.

A friend of my mothers was murdered 25 years ago. She went missing - so I had that in the back of my mind.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJazzy View Post
I did try calling her work today and got her voicemail. She spoke highly of her husband. I almost wanted to send her sister a Facebook message but didn't want to cross boundaries.
Can you find the phone number of her department, and call and ask if so-and-so has been in to work this week? And if you reach someone, and they say "no", you could ask if she's on vacation. If they want to know who you are, you could say you're a friend who was supposed to meet with her this week, but she didn't show up, and you're wondering.

Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines as you, OP. *shudder*

Old 06-28-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Can you find the phone number of her department, and call and ask if so-and-so has been in to work this week?

Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines as you, OP. *shudder*
I could but I'm worried about looking like a major weirdo. I just have a bad feeling.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I could but I'm worried about looking like a major weirdo. I just have a bad feeling.
It's definitely spooky. I'm thinking that until you ascertain that she hasn't been in to work, you don't really have grounds to report a missing person to the police. Do you work? Could you drop by her workplace, as if you were just in the neighborhood, or wanted to go to lunch with her?

You could say we've seen too many CSI shows, but the fact that the social media profiles both were removed (and the day before you were supposed to meet with her), is very unusual. Are you acquainted with her sister? Have you met her?

Old 06-28-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
It's definitely spooky. I'm thinking that until you ascertain that she hasn't been in to work, you don't really have grounds to report a missing person to the police. Do you work? Could you drop by her workplace, as if you were just in the neighborhood, or wanted to go to lunch with her?

You could say we've seen too many CSI shows, but the fact that the social media profiles both were removed (and the day before you were supposed to meet with her), is very unusual.
I guess I just worry that if she's ok and that she wants to be left alone, I'll be really embarrassed. But I'm losing sleep over this. I do work so calling would be best. I guess I can call and ask for her.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:15 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Most company VM systems if you press zero can get you to a live person. If not call her main company number.

You're not crossing boundaries, this is very strange. You just who you are and you're concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships