U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 09:55 AM

6,028 posts, read 2,774,016 times

Advertisements

Just as rape is less reported due to our legal system still carrying the dirty deed as somehow warranted. So too with female stalking. Men want to move on..Yet their is obsessive Olivia hiding near by ready to ' get back her man. There is no normalcy to justify this obsession that leads to overstepping privacy.
I've plenty of shame as a female that I carried such antics. It's not to be cast off as 'normal'. In turning my life around I rarely side with stalker mentality of its behavior. Do I understand it's underlying motive...Sure.
That still doesn't change the impact.
Btw..I believe a female Astronaut was a stalker..Drove with diapers on to do harm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 10:44 AM

14,974 posts, read 8,362,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
and the female being the guy's ex girlfriend or someone he knows?

I'm going to briefly share this:
Many ages now, my then friend Jenny would secretly follow her ex boyfriend. She wanted to see if he was involved with another girl or if he broke up with her because he cheated.

She would get in her car and follow his whearabouts and remain inside the car. Another day, she wanted to see if his car was parked in his parking spot at his house and it was. She would tell me not to say anything (I never did) because if he ever found out, he would be very upset and freak out. She would also sometimes get on to his online account too.

Years, later they got back together and had a baby girl. Not sure if they're still together though. All I know is if a man did that, the ex girlfriend or whatever girl he's stalking would probably be calling the cops and reporting him for stalking. Both my boyfriend and I think that's a double standard and a female stalker is still a stalker.

So how often does that happen... where the stalker is a female and the one being stalked is male?
Women may technically stalk a lot but I believe in the case of men it is more likely to end violently...despite how tv and movies depict women as the more jealous and vengeful.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:43 AM

14,974 posts, read 8,362,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Again, a link would be helpful here, not just a blanket statement that "females commit only about ten percent of homicides". Women are certainly just as capable of murder as a man is, regardless of the statistics. Our society isn't comfortable with seeing women this way, though.
Here ya go - this is not the original source but I believe it is cited if you want to read for yourself:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...r-perpetrators

The data reveal that females are almost six times more likely than males to be killed by an intimate partner.

In reality, women do kill—albeit at much lower rates than men. The data over the years reveal that one in 10 murders is committed by a woman. For example, a total of 666,160 people were killed in the U.S. between 1960 and 1996, and approximately 90 percent of those murders were committed by males.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:53 PM

2,576 posts, read 3,713,467 times
I think there are just as many, if not more, female stalkers as there are male stalkers. They just don't tend to get violent as often(but some definitely do).

I haven't been lucky/unlucky enough to become ensnared by a stalker but I have friends who have.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:01 PM

5,609 posts, read 2,258,276 times
One of my daughters was dating a guy and asked me to do a drive by on his place to see if he was home. I told her no way and if she didn't trust him take care of the problem. I've been stalked before years ago and know of an instance of a guy at work who was attacked..

It does happen, there's a double standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships