U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 12:29 AM

3,251 posts, read 1,534,004 times

Advertisements

Well OP, please ,talk to your brother, with love , and recommend that he or they go to some couples classes, couples counseling. they need it. get the lessons now , while it is still early. All this craziness going on, 2 adult kids scrambling to make sense of life. I hear a couple in "High School Mode", expecting mom and dad to still give up some money.

He is no loser, but lost and confused. He don't know better , even though he is 22, he is trying to break out of kiddie mode. He works, has a car, pays rent, spends money, but you know how young adults want that lifestyle. He is aiming for a better paying job, give him some credit for it. They could make it work, if they give it a chance.

Have mom sit down with him, and mention the last paragraph. It is not too late to advise him how to better care for things. Mom cant really say much to her, except " im sorry I have a budget for us"

Its ok to drive a 06' honda, its ok to look for discounts, frugal keeps money in the pocket.

But come on folks, we have a baby here. you all are making this young mom out to be a beast. Some women have kids young, and some in their late 30's, regretting they did not start sooner. Children have that special magic to force a change in young , inexperienced adults. Love and commitment makes everything balance out. No one can make this single mom out to be a baby making machine, that is some ones mom/daughter/girl you talking about.

You think visitation, or battling it out in family court is fun? for those who have experienced it, I would assume the answer is no. For the sake of having something special , like a family of your own, broke poor on not, it is worth a try to figure it out. To have a baby in a tug of war, between two crazy, and young parents, with back and forth bickering during exchange days. people have to be more mature than that, and give it a real try.

No one knows what the deal is with the other kid. Who knows how this girl got baby number #1, could have been a hit and run, could have been forced, could have been a much crazier past relationship involving violence, who knows?

Old 07-07-2017, 12:38 AM

37 posts, read 17,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Lawyers cost money. and where is she going to go? Unless she finds a new guy and makes him Baby Daddy #3 she isn't going anywhere.

The brother picked her, she already had a history and a child with another guy, and he picks her.

That's seems to be lost on the OP, that her brother played a major role in this. And he is stuck having contact until the child is 18, they won't be a couple all those years from now, but they will have contact.
Definitely not lost on me. I just mentioned in a recent post that both of them play a role in this. So I am NOT acting like my brother is an innocent party at all.

Anyways, a mod is welcome to close this thread. I know what I need to do and don't need to do in this situation.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or