Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 11:54 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,160 times

Advertisements

and the female being the guy's ex girlfriend or someone he knows?

I'm going to briefly share this:
Many ages now, my then friend Jenny would secretly follow her ex boyfriend. She wanted to see if he was involved with another girl or if he broke up with her because he cheated.

She would get in her car and follow his whearabouts and remain inside the car. Another day, she wanted to see if his car was parked in his parking spot at his house and it was. She would tell me not to say anything (I never did) because if he ever found out, he would be very upset and freak out. She would also sometimes get on to his online account too.

Years, later they got back together and had a baby girl. Not sure if they're still together though. All I know is if a man did that, the ex girlfriend or whatever girl he's stalking would probably be calling the cops and reporting him for stalking. Both my boyfriend and I think that's a double standard and a female stalker is still a stalker.

So how often does that happen... where the stalker is a female and the one being stalked is male?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 11:58 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
I think it happens a lot. Anyone can become a stalker; it's not gender-specific.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:59 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think it happens a lot. Anyone can become a stalker; it's not gender-specific.
True but there would have been a different reaction if it had been a guy doing that to his ex gf and he would be seen as a real creepy to get away from.

In this story for example, the police laughed when this guy told them about being stalked by a woman and how it affected his life:
The police laughed when I said I had a woman stalker. But she's cost me my home, my girlfriend and my sanity | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-05-2017, 12:20 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
True but there would have been a different reaction if it had been a guy doing that to his ex gf and he would be seen as a real creepy to get away from.

In this story for example, the police laughed when this guy told them about being stalked by a woman and how it affected his life:
The police laughed when I said I had a woman stalker. But she's cost me my home, my girlfriend and my sanity | Daily Mail Online
Police don't laugh at anyone reporting a stalker, where I live. They're trained to deal with such complaints with a protocol, and they work with the victim, training them how to document incidents, and so forth. In fact, over the years, a couple of people have posted on C-D about being wrongly-accused of stalking, when they turned someone down who was flirting with them, and harassing them. In one case, the wrongly-accused was a male, in another case, a female. In both cases, police showed up. Maybe British police aren't as well-trained as in the US to avoid bias.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:16 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,892 times
Female stalkers do exist. I've had several ex-girlfriends stalk me after I broke up with them. In a couple of of these cases, I had to change my phone #. And, in one particular case, I had to change it twice because of the same woman.

I enjoy female attention, unless/until it's unwanted. Most women know not to cross the line, but some women not only cross the line - they take a running jump over the line.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:04 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Quite a few male celebrities have/had female stalkers.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:10 PM

924 posts, read 751,573 times
One of my ex-boyfriends had this happen to him, with a woman whom he'd been involved with.

As I understand the situation......"Vincent" had been in touch with/seeing different women, and eventually he and one of those woman (I'll call her "Alice") mutually decided to make things exclusive.

This did NOT sit well with one of the other women whom Vincent had been talking to, and apparently she went to a lot of trouble to cause problems between Vincent and Alice, especially after they got married. (don't know exact details, other than this woman was leaving false "negative" reviews for the cleaning company Vincent and Alice were running, and that they did have to file at least one police report.

*I should probably add that the only reason I know about this is because Vincent and I had parted as friends, I was curious about what was going on with him, and had looked him up on social media.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:48 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,770,890 times
Stalking is harassment and unhealthy, no matter what the gender the stalker is.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:52 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,811 times
I had a friend spend a short bit of time in jail because of a rape accusation, years ago, and the truth was it was a woman he was not interested in and refused to date. Some women aren't used to or don't expect to hear 'no', and it sends them over the edge (some guys, too, of course).

I don't know if it's rarer for women or if we just hear about the men more on shows like Dateline and in the news in general.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:24 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
To me, stalking is harrassing.
Driving by my house? Parked in a parking lot once where I didn't see you? Used my online account because you had access to my password and I never changed it?
It doesn't matter if it was a male or female, this is NOTHING compared to being actually stalked.

How receptive would the police be to you frantically calling to report: "There's someone in a parking lot, I think I recognize their car."...or: "I think a guy I went out with just drove past my house!"

Weird. Especially since the friend didn't even know about any of these things? No one was harrassed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships