Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 09:39 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times

Advertisements

Lol to the OP

Saying his brother should "get away from the wife and kids"

Talking about how he and his friends "do things without wife and kids" all the time

Assuming the SIL is the one thats sepparating him from his brother

Not even once saying he wants to spend time with his brother babies, you know, even if he is their uncle

You know what, OP? You sound exactly like an "alpha male", extremely selfish, with no interest in forming a respectful bond with a woman and no interest in forming a bond with your nieces. You sound like a loser and, frankly, your brother is better off not seeing you at all. They should stop all contact, because you sound like a selfish person that would be an AWFUL influence for kids.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:44 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I don't think I've ever had a thread this intense on city data. Making up things I didn't say. Taking things way out of context. Always assuming the worst and trying to attack and hit a nerve. Researching unrelated threads. Weird. Seems like I've hit a nerve with the insecure jealous married females? Almost reminds me of my sister in law (whom things are better with now). She was jealous of our closeness, so tried to push us apart. After kids things actually improved between her and I.

Recent example. Clara. Yes, I do have (not intend to) a relationship with my nephews, yet you assumed no.
LOL, i ve only read the first page but apparently the OP came out as a WOMEN HATER, HUH?

I just throw it outhere after reading that post i quoted in my other post, but i was 10000% right

So, you hate women, op?

Poor you, here, take some candy

No wonder why not even your family wants a relationship with you.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:50 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Really? So this is how it normally is? You basically lose your relationship outside occasional phone and text? Like I said. I have friends with kids and we do things all the time without the wife and kids involved. How can they make it work and not my brother and wife? I'm thinking some of the female posters on here are like my SIL, a little controlling and don't want their men doing things without them, so they are obviously being unreasonable and taking sides.

How young are the kids, and how many? Do both parents work outside the home? Are the kids involved in weekend sports?

Regarding some of the female posters being a little controlling...bottom line, your brother has his priorities, for whatever reason. Controlling females or not. Even IF SIL IS controlling...your brother finds his family to be his priority right now. But maybe it's just for a season. Who knows.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:23 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
How young are the kids, and how many? Do both parents work outside the home? Are the kids involved in weekend sports?

Regarding some of the female posters being a little controlling...bottom line, your brother has his priorities, for whatever reason. Controlling females or not. Even IF SIL IS controlling...your brother finds his family to be his priority right now. But maybe it's just for a season. Who knows.
The OP eventually answered saying the kids are 1 and 2. The kids are very time consuming at this age. His family should be his priority in life.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:28 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
I understand, but is an overnight stay and trip asking too much?
Yes, with small kids, it is asking too much. If you are unencumbered, you should make the trip.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:30 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
So for the third time, what happens after both siblings have kids and marriage and live 3 hours apart?
You see each other on holidays, or not at all, depending on each family's finnacial situation and how far it would be to travel to a mutually accepted location, if each family even wants to do that.

Marriage and kids change everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships