Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 05:52 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times

Advertisements

She sent a group of shots, sounds like during and after labor. Not a big deal.

My opinion....Just comment on the baby appropriately and leave off the judgmental critique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 09:24 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,319,953 times
People are weird...even weirder that it's not their first baby and they're doing that.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:37 PM

1,020 posts, read 808,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Oh. My.

WOW. That is a new one on me. I am sorry this happened to you and glad you didn't watch it! You can't un-see that. In this case, I am sure that if the birth video happened, mom would be appropriately groomed/bleached and dad would be narrating with details of his own prowess at conception....
Thanks, yes! LOL, at your friends...yeah it does sound like they are that type, all about themselves. That's ok, if this is their first, they are about to be schooled

Old 07-12-2017, 11:47 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Baby is thankfully healthy. Cute baby, not any issues that were mentioned.

Mom and dad sent a "going home" update standing in the baby's room-- several pics of them by the crib, pointing out various features of the room. Again, baby is nowhere in sight. It was only when someone jokingly said "did you really HAVE a baby? Seriously girl, it looks like you are just making it up unless you show us the kid!" did the baby in the crib/baby going home pics appear.

I am now convinced that the parents are clueless as to the fact that people would rather see the baby than them.

That's great that the baby is healthy.

But why do you even bother? You said these people are acquaintances, they're not friends or even worse related to you. You clearly don't like them, and from what you written about them it's understandable.

You send a nice quick response back ONE TIME saying "congrats and cute baby", and that's it. DONE.

Don't respond to future emails of her showing off losing the baby weight, or the two of them showing off all the gifts they got.....ignore them. Send them to spam.

She will take you off the list, the only way to deal with people like this is not engage them and feed their egos. You have an easy out only being an acquaintance.

Once she or he realizes they're not getting attention from you they will vanish. They only want fans, don't be a fan.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:50 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
ok ok. i was just looking for an explanation
The explanation is as ss20ts said "they're part of the duck face selfie crowd", the good news for the OP is they're not friends or related.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:03 AM

1,112 posts, read 883,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Maybe the baby was ugly. People are always shocked when that thing comes out and it looks like a lizard.
As my mom would say......That is some baby! 😂

I think the OP answer d their own question. Self absorbed adults.

Mae

Old 07-13-2017, 08:07 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
Does the baby look like Lyndon B. Johnson?

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
The explanation is as ss20ts said "they're part of the duck face selfie crowd", the good news for the OP is they're not friends or related.
That's one thing I have noticed about the social media craze and people who participate on sites where it's a numbers ("friends") game. The majority of the users don't like or really know the people on their list.

Yeah, so it's turning people into not only narcissist and cowards (they wont delete anyone to save their life) but two -faced backstabbers . And people wonder about the people who have chosen to not participate or opt out? !

1,112 posts, read 883,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Sounds like she is looking for compliments on her personal appearance by sending pics of herself.

I know a person whose Instagram is 98 percent head shots of herself - seeking to receive compliments on how pretty she is. It's very odd.
I know someone who posts the "daily Selfie". A former beauty in HS ....50 years later. Sad

Mae

Old 07-13-2017, 10:47 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,454,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
That's one thing I have noticed about the social media craze and people who participate on sites where it's a numbers ("friends") game. The majority of the users don't like or really know the people on their list.

Yeah, so it's turning people into not only narcissist and cowards (they wont delete anyone to save their life) but two -faced backstabbers . And people wonder about the people who have chosen to not participate or opt out? !
I said the original message was a group email. This is a former coworker who is also a friend of a good friend. I have not used FB in ages, but was told there were more pics posted. This email group has been getting a daily baby update. Its now going to spam.

I just wondered if, like the pregnancy portrait in the flowing gown, the "reveal" party, the umpteen photos of a growing stomach and a "baby name pool" this whole parent-centric thing with the photos was a new trend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships