Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 08:37 PM

361 posts, read 432,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Did you end the friendships yet, OP?
No. They still call me a wimp for "not taking the joke," but they understand it hurts me and have promised to stop with the jokes. And so far have stuck to the promise.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:57 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times
They are not your friends. Stop associating with them.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:37 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
First of all, that is NOTHING to joke about! That's akin to walking into an airport and "joking" that you have a bomb in your bag!
You straightforwardly tell your so-called "friends" that such an allegation (yes, even jokingly) is a matter that's taken VERY SERIOUSLY in society! I would immediately disassociate myself if I were you, from these people, and if such was ever mentioned or heard again, you immediately report them to the administrative faculty! Child molestation/sex allegations are seriously investigated. I'm a CPS worker, so I know this firsthand.

Things like this can and possibly will get the jokers kicked out of school; it can also get them sued! It also makes my blood boil! If they are saying things like that, they are not your friends! This can get you in a LOT of trouble if the wrong people hear it. Protect yourself!
You're right, this isn't a joke and the OP could get into a lot of trouble if someone else overheard these "jokes."

These people are not your friends. Tell them to pound sand and find new friends. That's not even funny or joking, these allegations are serious.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:36 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
I have said on a multitude of occasions that I have found a number of girls who are our age attractive, but they have the face of someone a few years younger or are short, etc. Because as long as they are my age, I don't get sensitive about it like other people, who say, "If she looks younger than she is, it's a deal breaker." Also, at one of my friend's family parties recently (we were all invited) 2 of his cousins, one of whom is a freshman in high school and one who is a sophomore, talked to me almost the entire time because they were interested in learning more about me and found me very nice. I wasn't going to pursue anything, but this certainly didn't help the jokes. And whenever they make the joke in the group chat, I just don't say anything, but they don't grow tired of it.
The OP enjoys the companionship of young teenage girls. He doesn't keep it a secret from his "friends." He seems to have no interest in pursuing girls his own age.

His own posts tell the story.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The OP enjoys the companionship of young teenage girls. He doesn't keep it a secret from his "friends." He seems to have no interest in pursuing girls his own age.

Calling me a rapist? Seriously? FYI, my last girlfriend was 3 years OLDER than me. And I've asked a few girls out in the past year that are all my age.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:19 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Why did you become the mark for that joke? Did you date someone young, do you look like a serial killer, are you interested in strange stuff?
Most guys only bust chops or give nicknames based on something they see in the person so what about you says pedo? Figure it out and change it.
That's what I'm wondering. How did this start? That seems like an odd thing to start calling someone.

OP: you need to just flat out tell them they need to stop, or you will have to find new friends. The last thing you want is to introduce your girlfriend, or future spouse, to them and they start cracking those jokes. Not to mention what could happen if the wrong person over hears the jokes and kicks your butt, or an employer gets wind and lets you go.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:25 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post

The OP is in college. How young are we talking, and how old is the OP?

OP, you are young and in college. Drop these guys and find new friends that will treat you like an equal. If they're calling you a whimp to your face imagine what they are saying behind your back. Your best bet is to just drift away from them rather than confront them any more. Next time they ask you to do something just say you have other plans.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
The OP is in college. How young are we talking, and how old is the OP?

OP, you are young and in college. Drop these guys and find new friends that will treat you like an equal. If they're calling you a whimp to your face imagine what they are saying behind your back. Your best bet is to just drift away from them rather than confront them any more. Next time they ask you to do something just say you have other plans.
19. And I never said I enjoy the company of young girls, so don't listen to that guy. I am NOT a rapist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships