Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 01:29 PM

691 posts, read 419,927 times

Advertisements

Sounds like the the real question you are asking is -

"Is it ok if i obsessively worship this lady?"

Treating someone in an unearned way ( meaning you treat them like they are a blessing to others when they dont actually bless others) means that you aren't doing it for her, you are doing it for you. everyone deserves respect and consideration as a starting point. If you obsess over this, its because you are using her like an item that fits into a self made consumption fantasy that satisfies YOU, which she might not know about or even like if she does.

There is a really good chance this is a short lived crazy idea that crawled into your head that you are going to learn WHY its a bad idea... in real life.

btw isn't a 'Drag Queen' defined as a male that dresses in female clothing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 01:40 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
If you're in the friend zone, treating a woman like she's your girlfriend isn't going to take you out of the friend zone. A good woman won't let you and a not so good one will take advantage of you but still isn't going to decide you are boyfriend material because of it.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:42 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
btw isn't a 'Drag Queen' defined as a male that dresses in female clothing?
It's more like a man who performs as an exaggerated female character.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:59 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,692,493 times
I remember a couple I knew ages ago and he treated her like a queen. He opened her doors, deferred to her, and always put her first. As it was I couldn't see the relationship going anywhere. He couldn't get past the politeness to get gritty. In other words she was too special.

Friends should treat friends with kindness and respect. Keep secrets and confidences. A friend should think before they speak and there should be an even balance in the give and take. With all that said, yes friends tend to classify each other in their heads in a certain way. With guys they put on labels, tags, nick names. They may classify as school friend, work acquaintance, neighbor, etc. Women may see it as a friend that loves to shop, that loves bling, that loves animals, etc.

I think if you're associating your friend in a queen category you ought to bring it up and see what the friend thinks. You may get a smile, a hug, and yup, 'That's me!' and your friendship is cemented even more.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:36 PM

915 posts, read 1,625,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadofllknowledge View Post
Is it bad for a guy to think of a female friend like this?
Well, if Ann Bolyn was here, she could speak to the topic moreso than I.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:08 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
I love having suck ups for friends.

Please join the group currently kissing my a$$.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:48 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
No, don't put women or anyone on a pedastal.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:18 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadofllknowledge View Post
Is it bad for a guy to think of a female friend like this?
ONly if you want to get treated like a doormat. But to even ask this is to be teetering on the edge of rational thought.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:08 PM

691 posts, read 419,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's more like a man who performs as an exaggerated female character.

Ahh!

Old 07-27-2017, 09:10 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Royal.... as in Pain perhaps?

Nah, I treat folks with equal regard when met with the same.

Whats laughable is I work retail and some of these "female" shoppers come in and could play the part of Miranda Priestly ( Devil wears Prada). Expecting that I bow to their whims as they toss stuff at me and ask that I scurry to be their lady in waiting. I usually do wait for them to get real and be civil. After which I refer them to another staff member. I have no inclination to be subservient to them, My wage isn't based on how much arrogance the client can get away with. I'm friendly and hospitable to most to clients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships