Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 07:27 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times

Advertisements

If someone treated me that way and refused to stop the b/f bashing, that would be the end of my interaction with that person . . wouldn't waste my time mulling about it and asking, "Why?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 05:12 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candlewood4 View Post
She's told me that she has a hard time making friends because she's "blunt and judgemental." She's also said that she thinks my friends from back home are "rich *******" after seeing a Snapchat photo of them. She's never even met them -___-

I told her this weekend what I wrote in the post right there and she changed the subject. I don't think my boyfriend is stupid. He's really enthusiastic and kind of spacey so I guess he comes off a little dopey but he's not. I never thought that way about him. He's so nice. He would never say these kinds of things about someone else's SO.
this is why she's on a app looking for friends.

I think you can find better friends elsewhere.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:23 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
I guess I was just looking for an explanation as to why she thinks he's so stupid. It's not that she thinks anything else about him except that he's stupid. She keeps referring to him as an oaf. He's been so nice to her and I never slighted his intelligence to her. She called his best friend stupid too after meeting him once.
If you want to know why, you need to ask her. No one here knows her, including yourself, so no one here can give you an explanation...only speculation. I speculate there's a reason why the both of you need to use an app to find friends........

Old 08-04-2017, 06:18 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_geek View Post
find a new friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post
+1
+2

Old 08-04-2017, 06:34 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,323,101 times
She sounds like a b@tch. The biggest mistake you made though was bad mouthing him when you were going through a rough patch. I wouldn't be suprised if she's jealous about something also.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:22 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:
I met a girl about ~6 mo ago on a friend finding app and her I get along great. It's been such a long time that I found a friend that I share the same sense of humor with, common interests and generally just get along well. However, I've noticed that she's really judgement of my boyfriend and and it's starting to make me not like her.

When we first met my boyfriend and I were going through a rough patch so I opened up to her about it but I think it's given her a false idea that she can say mean things about him whenever she wants. She's only met him about 3-4 times since we usually hangout alone. He's always been incredibly nice to her and even bought her lunch once.

The other day her and I got dinner and she brought my boyfriend up and said "I don't see you guys together long term." (We've been dating ~2 years). She said it's because he's too old for me (he's 29) and since I want to go to medical school it's probably "not going to work out." She's also in the past made comments that my boyfriend and his best friend are unintelligent and asked me if it bothered me that my boyfriend is kind of an "oaf." I got peeved at dinner and kind of told her off/changed the subject.

I'm just frustrated and not sure what to do because I like this girl but I think she's mean and her comments about my boyfriend upset me. I love my boyfriend. He may not be a physicist or work for NASA but he's successful in my eyes (working on his masters currently), treats me well and is my best friend. I think to label him as a big stupid oaf after meeting him only a handful of times is incredibly unfair and ignorant. She broke up with her boyfriend recently so maybe she's projecting but I don't know how to handle this because I've never had a friend be so imposing before.

Any advice?
I wouldn't keep her as a friend. I wouldn't want you as a friend either. Do you usually talk about troubles with your boyfriend to a person you just met?

I always saw it as a red flag when a woman would complain to me about an ex spouse, boyfriend or whatever. First of all because if he is that big of an idiot what does it say about you? And secondly if she is talking about him I am sure it will only be a matter of time before she says the same about me.

Keep your private life private.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:49 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Find a new friend.
Fershur. And ditch the app.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships