Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 06:34 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
No I don't think so. Our landlords are pretty cool.
Have you read the lease? They often have occupancy restrictions. You all could get tossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 06:43 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,391 times
Quote:
So I have a good job where I live. I'm not wanting to buy property just yet since I don't plan on living in my state long term.

From the outside looking in, is that what being a couple is all about? Becoming lazy slobs who just do stupid things together? I don't see love and passion in their relationship. Just best friends that screw. Good thing I'm not in a relationship anymore 😂😂
I guess you will have live to learn with this other person until your lease is up.

Do you believe from the bottom of your heart this is what being a couple is all about? I don't think you do.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:55 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
No I don't think so. Our landlords are pretty cool.
But was a lease agreement signed? Do your landlords actually know that there is a 3rd person living in your apartment? And one that is unemployed? And would your landlords be "cool" with you moving out sooner than expected?

And what about the security deposit? At the least, you should be talking with your roommate about her paying for more than half of the rent and utilities. Does she even know that you're so pissed at the situation?

Old 08-29-2017, 07:14 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,214,652 times
Quote:
So I have a good job where I live. I'm not wanting to buy property just yet since I don't plan on living in my state long term(2 more years max). I'm living with a female roommate and we get along great. We've been living together for 2.5 years. About a year ago, she starts dating this guy(he's cool). He recently lost his job and has been unemployed for 3-4 months. Now he's living with us! Since he doesn't have a job, he's not paying a share of rent or utilities. Everything was awesome when it was just me and her living there since I'm not a huge fan of living with several people. I spoke to my roommate about this and she understands my frustration. On top of that, I have to deal with the:
- always one or the other is home, if not both. I get no privacy anymore.

-my car is always getting blocked in the driveway by her bf. Her and I had an agreement that I get the driveway, and she gets the master bedroom with bathroom. Now he's in the picture and doesn't understand this arrangement.

- I NEVER get to watch TV anymore. They are always hogging the couch and TV. They watch anime and play videogames(these people are in their mid to late 30's btw).

-The kitchen is always a mess. Always dirty dishes.

-when I come home from work, I get the pleasure of seeing him running the air conditioner and watching TV(with no job).

-besides my room, I have no use of the common areas anymore. Their crap is everywhere.

-utilities are higher. Because one or the other is always home. The house is never empty.

-we aren't splitting rent in 1/3. I'm paying half of the rent and utilities. She's paying the other half(I'm assuming) since he doesn't have a job. How is this fair to me when I'm reduced down to just my room?

-the bring the party home. When they are out at bars, they bring their drunk asses home along with their drunk ass friends. They are all loud, drunk and obnoxious and I can't get sleep(again, they are in their mid and late 30's).

The living situation has changed alot. When it was just me and my roommate, it was awesome. Not anymore. And I noticed how lazy she has become since hes been living there. Besides from complaining about her job, all they do is eat, play videogames or watch Japanese cartoons. When they are not out getting wasted somewhere.
I know, I'm working on getting my own place. I'm just venting.
From the outside looking in, is that what being a couple is all about? Becoming lazy slobs who just do stupid things together? I don't see love and passion in their relationship. Just best friends that screw. Good thing I'm not in a relationship anymore 😂😂
As a single 29 year old male this sounds like a horrible situation..... They also don't sound like good influences either.... Not saying you will become lazy and unemployed and a weekend drunk just because you are around them but if roommates are a necessity I want to live with people who are more on my level. No company is always better then bad company.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:18 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
If I were you, I'd just wait it out. You'd be a sucker in my opinion to buy property right now with prices the way they are. I hate to say it, but I would consider waiting around, so you can pick up a piece of property at half the price.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:39 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,290 times
Quote:
Not being a pushover. I've stated the way I feel already. I don't care that he's living there. What I care about is him getting whatever job he can a paying his portion of bills. Maybe I should come down harder on my roommate to push him more. It's not my place to relate that message to him. I'm not his girlfriend, nor did I invite him to live with us.
This response is a giant contradiction to your entire op.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:55 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
If I were you, I'd just wait it out. You'd be a sucker in my opinion to buy property right now with prices the way they are. I hate to say it, but I would consider waiting around, so you can pick up a piece of property at half the price.
Exactly! That's another reason I decided to wait on buying.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
This response is a giant contradiction to your entire op.
How? Most of my original post is about him not paying his share.

Better question to you, what should my response be?

Old 08-29-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But was a lease agreement signed? Do your landlords actually know that there is a 3rd person living in your apartment? And one that is unemployed? And would your landlords be "cool" with you moving out sooner than expected?

And what about the security deposit? At the least, you should be talking with your roommate about her paying for more than half of the rent and utilities. Does she even know that you're so pissed at the situation?
The landlord knows. I'm not sure if he knows he's unemployed though.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:14 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Well, you been in a relatioship. Did you guys become lazy slobs and did stupid things together?

I have to ask? What are you waiting for exactly to happen with property value? I dont think house/property value is going to go down anytime soon, in fact, it's been rising and will continue to rise for years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships