Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 08:26 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryChristan View Post
And why

I have , when I was about 10 , I dropped a drink on the floor and was told to get out and was told I couldn't come back.
That's nothing. I've been banned from 7 bars, 3 ex-girlfriends house, Facebook and the entire city of West Palm Beach, FL.

SS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 09:10 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
That's nothing. I've been banned from 7 bars, 3 ex-girlfriends house, Facebook and the entire city of West Palm Beach, FL.

SS
Now this sounds like it's you who are the problem..lol.
Barfights??

Old 09-22-2017, 10:45 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post

SS
But not from C-D so you can't be that bad

Old 09-22-2017, 10:56 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,300,819 times
Default Only once..

When I was 16, in the late 1960's, my then girlfriend's father banned me from their house. The reason I was given at the time was because he felt that I had too much influence over his two sons, who were younger than me, and that they were emulating my behavior (long hair, worn clothes, sandals) which he didn't approve of.

The reality was that I spent time with them, played games with them, and listened to them, like a big brother. At home I was the big brother to 6 others, so for me this was a very natural thing. Being an attorney and then a Judge, he didn't have time for them, but they were young and craving attention, and I had the time. I thought then that he was jealous that I had a relationship with his eldest daughter, and his sons, that was better than he had. Plus he looked at me as a bad influence, (my parents were poor) and a "damned hippie". It didn't help that he had been a football player at Duke, and I didn't know the first thing about sports in general, or football in particular.

Several years later, when I was in my twenties, and married to his daughter, he summoned me to the nursing home where he lay dying. I hadn't talked to him in the previous ten years. It turned out that he regretted banning me from his home, that he recognized that I was a hard worker, and a good husband, having put myself through college (just as he had) while working two jobs.

Banning me from his home had apparently weighed on his mind so much that he needed to tell me, before he died, that he had misjudged me, and was sorry.

It was only a few days later that he passed away by a massive stroke.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:17 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,924,863 times
Man..... some of these are nutso city.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:09 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Nobody's house is so important to me, that I would care if I were banned from it. I have my own house.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:24 PM

581 posts, read 455,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lae60 View Post
MY daughter did when she was 6 years old. She peed her pants at her friends house and the mother kicked her out and never let her back in. My kid was embarrassed to start with, and even more by the mother's reaction.
That's awful! What kind of horrible person would treat a kid like that over an accident?

I can understand parents banning another child if there was bullying, stealing or cruelty going on, but banning a kid for a simple mistake is such a dick move.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:27 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Nobody's house is so important to me, that I would care if I were banned from it. I have my own house.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:30 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
When I was 16, in the late 1960's, my then girlfriend's father banned me from their house. The reason I was given at the time was because he felt that I had too much influence over his two sons, who were younger than me, and that they were emulating my behavior (long hair, worn clothes, sandals) which he didn't approve of.

The reality was that I spent time with them, played games with them, and listened to them, like a big brother. At home I was the big brother to 6 others, so for me this was a very natural thing. Being an attorney and then a Judge, he didn't have time for them, but they were young and craving attention, and I had the time. I thought then that he was jealous that I had a relationship with his eldest daughter, and his sons, that was better than he had. Plus he looked at me as a bad influence, (my parents were poor) and a "damned hippie". It didn't help that he had been a football player at Duke, and I didn't know the first thing about sports in general, or football in particular.

Several years later, when I was in my twenties, and married to his daughter, he summoned me to the nursing home where he lay dying. I hadn't talked to him in the previous ten years. It turned out that he regretted banning me from his home, that he recognized that I was a hard worker, and a good husband, having put myself through college (just as he had) while working two jobs.

Banning me from his home had apparently weighed on his mind so much that he needed to tell me, before he died, that he had misjudged me, and was sorry.

It was only a few days later that he passed away by a massive stroke.
So did you accept his apology?

Old 09-22-2017, 05:00 PM

308 posts, read 237,354 times
Yeah when i was about 12 my friends parents banned me from their house saying i was a bad influence on their son,and he was picking up bad speech habits etc from me.So ok for a while i didnt go to his house,but still saw him every day at school.Pretty pointless ban really
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships