Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 09:27 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,230,922 times

Advertisements

Nope. I usually keep getting invited back lol

to everyone who was banned as a child or had their child banned, that's just awful. No child should have to endure that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 10:22 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,017,949 times
I banned a neighborhood kid from playing at our house. He was a year older than my oldest, and twice I caught him being mean to my youngest...to the point that my youngest could've been seriously hurt.

Who needs that ****?

Old 09-21-2017, 11:06 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Yes. A couple of years ago, I met a new-to-the-neighborhood woman with her dog while on my morning walk. When we got near her house, she invited me in to show me something she'd had done to her kitchen. Then she found a flea on her dog. One flea. We'd been walking with a group of people and dogs all over our large neighborhood. But for some reason, she blamed me personally for the flea. Why me? I don't look like a flea bag! She was blubbering and crying - just came undone - said she could never have a dog with a flea. She threw me out of her house and to this day avoids me like the plague. She even tells other people that I gave her dog a flea. There's no understanding some people. Maybe this belongs in the Psychology forum 'cause I can't explain her!
ONE flea? What a bizarre person!

Old 09-21-2017, 11:07 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,759,249 times
I don't remember being officially banned from any home as a kid, but I do remember feeling very unwelcome a bunch of times, as if they were trying to hint that I was not wanted. Being thick headed, it took a while for me to get the hint, and I then stayed away.

As an adult, I'm not aware of being banned from anyone's home. The dropping of all contact that some people do is perplexing, though.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:42 AM

518 posts, read 1,052,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Yes. A couple of years ago, I met a new-to-the-neighborhood woman with her dog while on my morning walk. When we got near her house, she invited me in to show me something she'd had done to her kitchen. Then she found a flea on her dog. One flea. We'd been walking with a group of people and dogs all over our large neighborhood. But for some reason, she blamed me personally for the flea. Why me? I don't look like a flea bag! She was blubbering and crying - just came undone - said she could never have a dog with a flea. She threw me out of her house and to this day avoids me like the plague. She even tells other people that I gave her dog a flea. There's no understanding some people. Maybe this belongs in the Psychology forum 'cause I can't explain her!
Sounds like OCD

Old 09-21-2017, 11:44 AM

518 posts, read 1,052,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
I don't remember being officially banned from any home as a kid, but I do remember feeling very unwelcome a bunch of times, as if they were trying to hint that I was not wanted. Being thick headed, it took a while for me to get the hint, and I then stayed away.

As an adult, I'm not aware of being banned from anyone's home. The dropping of all contact that some people do is perplexing, though.
I had one "friend' who's mom would never let any of the neighborhood kids in her house. Some were fanatical about shoes, which is one thing, but this one wouldn't let anyone in the house period.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:05 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,454,490 times
I have not been banned but have done plenty of banning. Rude people, mooches and drunks don't get a repeat invite.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:11 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,402,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
I have not been banned but have done plenty of banning. Rude people, mooches and drunks don't get a repeat invite.
Same here. I guess I'm probably banned from the people that I banned from mine, but that's perfectly OK with me.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:52 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times
I've never been banned but I had to give a shortie back a few years ago. Her father had to drive 45 minutes to get her after she had only been at the house for half an hour. I told him she couldn't come back. Too much drama.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:30 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,775,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisertime View Post
Sounds like OCD
I think you're right. I ran into someone today who saw her at the dog groomer's. The weird woman was flipping out and crying her eyes out because there were . . .oh horrors! . . . dogs there and they might have a flea. She stomped out with Poochie in her arms, still in need of a grooming. I feel for the poor dog having to live with her! Yeah, she is a real nut job. So I'm not the only victim of her phobias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships