Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 06:01 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,327,357 times

Advertisements

Comparing your relationship with your mom to your sister's is petty and childish.

SIL, means your mom is not her natural mom. I treat my inlaws differently than my parents.

When I'm at my parents, I'm relaxed, myself, sloppy and walk around in PJs, etc. The relationship is permanant, life long, and established.

When at my MIL's, I do not carry on the same way. I wear a bra, and nice clothing, and not my PJs. I am more polite. I ask where dishes are (I just rummage at my mom's), etc. I am polite. I avoid controversial topics.

Being with your blood family IS different than in-laws. I just is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 06:02 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,327,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post

Maybe I'm jealous bc shes shares her life & inside jokes with my mom and my sister at the time excludes me unless shes wants something from me like babysitting
Maybe because of something YOU have done. Look at yourself. Your actions. If you've hated on her and attacked her, and fought, she's going to hold you at length. Do YOU initiate warm conversation. Do you make effort? Of just complain when she doesn't?

Old 09-20-2017, 08:53 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
Maybe because of something YOU have done. Look at yourself. Your actions. If you've hated on her and attacked her, and fought, she's going to hold you at length. Do YOU initiate warm conversation. Do you make effort? Of just complain when she doesn't?
Exactly. You and your mom are not friends. She and your sister in law are. You don't even like her, and blame her for everything. Why would she enjoy your company?

If you want your mom to be your friend, change your attitude and behaviour.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:21 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,112 times
Are you living at home with Mom? If so, move out. If not, limit your interaction with her to avoid these stressful situations.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:24 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times
My bio sister does the same as well. She avoids wanting to hear how I feel about something that is bothering me. Matter of fact, she did it ths morning when I told her that our parents shouldn't expect me to help with the feral kitten when I want nothing to do with it. My sister didn't want to hear about it. She is living with my parents temporarily and doesn't help with the kitten either. Although I did see her hold it once for a few moments

Old 09-24-2017, 10:51 AM

6,297 posts, read 4,195,051 times
[quote=HappyFarm34;49614614]My bio sister does the same as well. She avoids wanting to hear how I feel about something that is bothering me. Matter of fact, she did it ths morning when I told her that our parents shouldn't expect me to help with the feral kitten when I want nothing to do with it. My sister didn't want to hear about it. She is living with my parents temporarily and doesn't help with the kitten either. Although I did see her hold it once for a few moments[/QUOTE

Maybe it's wise for her to not want to hear you complain about your parents and get dragged into the middle. You don't want to look after a kitten then don't. You act like a child you will be treated like one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships