Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How bad is a pet sitter using your washer and dryer?
The worst ever! Call the company owner immediately! 23 23.96%
Um...whatever...I wouldn't do it, but nothing to get upset about. 57 59.38%
Perfectly acceptable...I do it anytime I am someone else's house. 16 16.67%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 07:36 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I'm not sure reading comprehension is your strength....
No, mind reading isn't my strength. I tend to go on facts. Or literally what people say. When I don't have my Ouija board or Magic Eight Ball handy.

Yep. Somehow I already knew I'd never work for you LOL. Pet Sitter E.S.P.

LOL I said she was WRONG but you're butt-hurt? Humans. Go figure.

And that's why I don't have employees like this wacky girl with the dumb excuses. (or lies)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 07:52 PM

9,878 posts, read 14,122,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
LOL I said she was WRONG but you're butt-hurt?
I'm "butt-hurt"?

Don't think so....

Old 09-27-2017, 10:06 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,327,357 times
Quote:
Kind of a mixture of the two. She stays over night (from 7 pm to 7 am) and then does a quick lunch visit. Looks like everyone is saying it's not too big a deal. I will just let it go.

She has just texted me....I guess I should remind her that her clothes are here.
She stays overnight? I'd expect that she'd use dishes, laundry, the shower, etc. She's basically a houseguest, in my opinion.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:42 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
She stays overnight? I'd expect that she'd use dishes, laundry, the shower, etc.
She's basically a houseguest, in my opinion.
Good take. Byw, lived in SA for years.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:44 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
There are lots of people who get bent out of shape easily.

Just call the person and say, "Hey, next time, just ask. Okay?"

Old 09-29-2017, 08:57 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,663,923 times
Quote:
Well, she said that she did laundry because her boyfriend was allergic to dog hair. My dogs shed a lot, so, certainly a believable story.
So why not take the clothes OUT of the house to wash them? Why wash them in a house with a shedding dog? Weird. But basically harmless, I think.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:42 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Was she staying at your house the entire weekend (like a house sitter,) or did she come to walk the dogs and leave? If the first, I wouldn't really have an issue with it, if the second, then yeah, I think it was a bit odd.
Yah. This.
I tell anyone staying straight up to use the machine and how.

People flitting in and out of the house? Now, that is weird.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:48 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,614 times
Quote:
I just came home from a two day weekend out of town and found a load of laundry that did not belong to me. I can only assume that it belongs to my dog sitter, who was here from Saturday evening until Monday morning.

The laundry appears to have been fully washed, but not folded; or perhaps it was still dirty? Either way, there was a load of clothes that did not belong to me on the floor next to the washer.

(For the record, this was not an instance of she happened to spill/ soil her clothes while she was pet-sitting, as it wasn't just a few things or one outfit. Multiple pairs of underwear, bras, nightgowns, pants, shorts, etc.)

So honestly, while odd, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it is a huge deal. But, I wanted to know what other people think. She works for a company, and if this is generally seen as horrible, I will tell the owner, as I don't want her to do this elsewhere, and sully the company's name.

But, if the majority of people think this is no big deal, I will not tell the owner.

What do people think?

I was in a move-in house sitter/pet sitter for years. I "lived" there - which included laundry, washing my car, cooking and so on. I was not living in my own home while working for another family so I lived in theirs.

I'll tell you the truth though - of my clients who were "cool" kind people - it was never a big deal. They encouraged me to act like I live there, I was welcome to any edibles in their kitchen, the pool, etc.

Uptight condescending clients had a problem with everything, one even expected me to bring my own toilet paper.

She likely needed to do laundry, logical to do it there while she was working instead of a trip home and so on.

From my own experience, I prefer clients be clear if anything is off limits.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:17 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
She likely needed to do laundry, logical to do it there while she was working instead of a trip home and so on.

People can't go two days without doing laundry? She wasn't doing it because she "needed" to. She was doing it because she had free facilities.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:09 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
People can't go two days without doing laundry? She wasn't doing it because she "needed" to. She was doing it because she had free facilities.
I have a full time job and live miles from my clients. I do laundry on weekends. Thus I would do laundry there free or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships