Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How bad is a pet sitter using your washer and dryer?
The worst ever! Call the company owner immediately! 23 23.96%
Um...whatever...I wouldn't do it, but nothing to get upset about. 57 59.38%
Perfectly acceptable...I do it anytime I am someone else's house. 16 16.67%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 05:41 PM

9,878 posts, read 14,122,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Well, what did she say when you reminded her her clothes were at your house?

Well, she said that she did laundry because her boyfriend was allergic to dog hair. My dogs shed a lot, so, certainly a believable story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 05:43 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,860,068 times
I'd ask first, myself, but I think it's reasonable for someone who's living-in to assume they can use appliances. I wouldn't bring it to her boss. Particularly since you told her to make herself at home in other ways.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:46 PM

9,878 posts, read 14,122,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I'd ask first, myself, but I think it's reasonable for someone who's living-in to assume they can use appliances. I wouldn't bring it to her boss. Particularly since you told her to make herself at home in other ways.
Seems to be the consensus. Not going to say anything at all. Appreciate the opinions!

Old 09-25-2017, 05:47 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,860,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Seems to be the consensus. Not going to say anything at all. Appreciate the opinions!

Old 09-25-2017, 05:57 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
This sounds like the kind of thing that really should have been discussed ahead of time, but yeah, generally speaking, if someone was spending nights in my home, I would just assume they would be using things like the washer/dryer, putting some of their food in my fridge, cooking in my kitchen, etc. After all, they are essentially living there for a time. Private spaces, like bedrooms, are another story, other than the one designated for the person's use.
Exactly. If someone is staying, they have full use of my facilities. I even make sure to show my house/cat sitters where the laundry is!

Old 09-25-2017, 06:00 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
I can't honestly say "worst ever" but it's not acceptable without prior consent. sort of creepy and presumptuous.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:46 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
I TOLD her it's ok to eat any food or drink any booze. I didn't mention anything about laundry. And, as I said, I wasn't too concerned with it. My concern was about potentially letting this slide, and her doing it to others, and the company getting bad reviews because of it. I think they are a great company; I wouldn't want their name to be tarnished when I could have (perhaps) prevented it.

That's why I asked for other's opinions. If a majority of others thought it was outrageous, then I would mention it. But since most agree with me (it's nothing to get upset about), I would imagine most other customers feel the same way...so no worry if she does it to other customers.
If you are concerned about it for her sake, or that of her employer, why not just ask her, and maybe suggest that they put things like that in the contract when services are scheduled?

As you can see, some people care, and some don't, so the best thing for everyone would be to have it out in the open from the start. Clear expectations protect everyone involved.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:18 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Was she staying at your house the entire weekend (like a house sitter,) or did she come to walk the dogs and leave? If the first, I wouldn't really have an issue with it, if the second, then yeah, I think it was a bit odd.
This.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Well, she said that she did laundry because her boyfriend was allergic to dog hair. My dogs shed a lot, so, certainly a believable story.
I'd let it go, then.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:33 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Pretty much this. If somebody is staying in my home, I expect them to use the utilities. And I'd be ok with it either way, but I'd prefer being asked if I minded.
This!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships