Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 04:54 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,255,892 times

Advertisements

Seems to me your BF handled it well. This time. When you dump the GF keep your eyes open for you know who to be sneaking around to steal your man. Oh the drama....
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 05:24 PM

1,491 posts, read 379,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You don't respond to it. It's your bf's job to tell her to back off. She hasn't addressed you with anything to respond to. It would be inappropriate at this point for you to "respond" in some way. Let him handle it. The ball is in his court, not yours. So far, anyway. What you can do, is back off from the friendship. Don't contact her anymore.
Agreed!

Old 10-27-2017, 07:38 PM

10,452 posts, read 4,035,751 times
Thanks everybody. It's a shame though. Nobody else at the store likes her because she was considered a homewrecker, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt, and now, nobody likes her at the store because of her behavior.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:56 PM

1,257 posts, read 888,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Thanks everybody. It's a shame though. Nobody else at the store likes her because she was considered a homewrecker, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt, and now, nobody likes her at the store because of her behavior.
Rule #1. When somebody shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:26 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,808,452 times
Quote:
So she was a side chick! Well there you go,

This girl has issues with boundaries. She needs to go.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:51 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
Latin proverb_ he who is silent consents.

I would suggest a chat with this gal as a friend. No matter who the guy was....an objective stance of awareness on her behavior is warranted. Be of concern for her...what is clearly obvious to you may not be to her. Allow her to expand upon it...
Be attentive.
Then state your perspective. This is a life lesson for each of you...take it as an opportunity to mature...she more then anyone probably needs this lesson...

Old 10-28-2017, 07:23 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Quote:
I have a friend I have known for about 2 years. She works at the same place my boyfriend works, and I am pretty good friends with her and her boyfriend, and was even there supporting her through her pregnancy and the birth of her baby.

Well, back in June, she invited me out to tell me her and her boyfriend are breaking up. Long story short, he was in a marriage but lived separately, and I guess he decided to leave my friend to try and go back and make the marriage work. So now she is living with her mom. So, once every few weeks, I would go out and chill with her, and I talk to her often.

But then this past Monday/Tuesday, about 12:30 AM in the morning, my boyfriend who don't get out of work till late, texts me, to come meet with him out in the parking lot, where usually the crew meet to wind down. So, I go there, to find him leaning on his car, and she sitting in her car, parked next to eachother, having a few beers. I get out, and I can hear her go "who is that?" And my boyfriend tells her, "it's my girl, I texted her to come out" And then I hear her go "why wake her up?" And he tells her "why not? She's always down for a few beers". So I lean up against her car, and try to be casual, but in the back of my head, I'm like "what's going on here?" So I ask my boyfriend where the rest of the crew were, and he told me right then that they were leaving when he texted me to come out. She then starts acting all sweet, like "hey, how are you doing, I miss you!" And then she gets out of her car, gives me a hug, then proceeds to jump on the hood of HIS car, putting her feet up and sitting in Indian style. Then she twice gently shoved him on his shoulder to get his attention because he was checking out game scores on his phone, then she actually leaned forward and put her arm in a resting manner on his shoulder. He then moved and went to stand by me and put his one arm around my shoulder and started to show me a bunch stuff on the phone. He then asked if I wanted to go and get a few beers at a nearby night club, and I agreed, but then she was like, "I'm not dressed for a night club" He then tells her, he didn't invite her, and that she should go home to her new born son. He then tells her to get off of his car before she dents the hood in, and closes it up and goes into the passenger side of my car, motioning with his head towards me to hurry up. I tell her good bye, and giver her son a hug for me, then get into the car and drive off.

As I was in the car, I asked him what the hell that was all about, and he tells me she's been acting weird for a week now, and that she kind of helped herself tonight to the beers, and it made the other guys kind of uncomfortable, so they left, and I am hoping you coming out will keep her in check. He don't know what her game is, but it's making him uneasy.

So, is she trying to play games, and how do I approach this without looking like an insecure girlfriend? Do you think she is crossing the lines? Like, how am I supposed to respond to this? She is having a difficult time, but at the same time, I feel she is definitely disrespecting me as a friend, and her antics did hurt me, after I did so much for her.
I think you have a soap opera in the making. It has all the elements. Don't people get married any more before having a baby ? Don't people get a divorce before moving in with another girl and having a baby with her ? Do people really sit around in the parking lot after work and toss down a few brews ?

As to your original question, yes, your "friend" is trying for another baby, with your BF.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-30-2017 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Red font is reserved for moderation,but you may use any of the other colors

Old 10-28-2017, 07:51 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,814 times
Am I the only person who hopes nobody drove home after this?

The whole scenario sounds like a train wreck, no need to make it a car wreck, too.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:05 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,540,599 times
Quote:
I have a friend I have known for about 2 years. She works at the same place my boyfriend works, and I am pretty good friends with her and her boyfriend, and was even there supporting her through her pregnancy and the birth of her baby.

Well, back in June, she invited me out to tell me her and her boyfriend are breaking up. Long story short, he was in a marriage but lived separately, and I guess he decided to leave my friend to try and go back and make the marriage work. So now she is living with her mom. So, once every few weeks, I would go out and chill with her, and I talk to her often.

But then this past Monday/Tuesday, about 12:30 AM in the morning, my boyfriend who don't get out of work till late, texts me, to come meet with him out in the parking lot, where usually the crew meet to wind down. So, I go there, to find him leaning on his car, and she sitting in her car, parked next to eachother, having a few beers. I get out, and I can hear her go "who is that?" And my boyfriend tells her, "it's my girl, I texted her to come out" And then I hear her go "why wake her up?" And he tells her "why not? She's always down for a few beers". So I lean up against her car, and try to be casual, but in the back of my head, I'm like "what's going on here?" So I ask my boyfriend where the rest of the crew were, and he told me right then that they were leaving when he texted me to come out. She then starts acting all sweet, like "hey, how are you doing, I miss you!" And then she gets out of her car, gives me a hug, then proceeds to jump on the hood of HIS car, putting her feet up and sitting in Indian style. Then she twice gently shoved him on his shoulder to get his attention because he was checking out game scores on his phone, then she actually leaned forward and put her arm in a resting manner on his shoulder. He then moved and went to stand by me and put his one arm around my shoulder and started to show me a bunch stuff on the phone. He then asked if I wanted to go and get a few beers at a nearby night club, and I agreed, but then she was like, "I'm not dressed for a night club" He then tells her, he didn't invite her, and that she should go home to her new born son. He then tells her to get off of his car before she dents the hood in, and closes it up and goes into the passenger side of my car, motioning with his head towards me to hurry up. I tell her good bye, and giver her son a hug for me, then get into the car and drive off.

As I was in the car, I asked him what the hell that was all about, and he tells me she's been acting weird for a week now, and that she kind of helped herself tonight to the beers, and it made the other guys kind of uncomfortable, so they left, and I am hoping you coming out will keep her in check. He don't know what her game is, but it's making him uneasy.

So, is she trying to play games, and how do I approach this without looking like an insecure girlfriend? Do you think she is crossing the lines? Like, how am I supposed to respond to this? She is having a difficult time, but at the same time, I feel she is definitely disrespecting me as a friend, and her antics did hurt me, after I did so much for her.

She's after your man, VERY obviously.

At least your boyfriend is up to her bag of tricks. No more friendship for her with you and your boyfriend. She's treading on dangerously thin ice.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:11 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,359 times
OP, that girl is not your friend at all.
Out of curiosity, what are the ages of all involved and what city, state is this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships