Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 10:57 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane de Poitiers View Post
Yes, although I couldn't prove it. Back when I was in 5th grade, my sister and I each had a friend spend the night, and afterwards, I found that one of our Barbie dolls was missing both legs. My sister always claimed that it was my friend who had done that, and since I know that friend had a Barbie with missing legs, I was inclined to believe it.
OMG this is hilarious! I mean i read this and laughed out loud, and everytime I think of it i laugh out loud! She stole the Barbie legs!!!!

it reminds me of a friend i had as an adult, a camping buddy of mine, and she had 4 sisters, and according to her they fought a lot. When she was little, she was mad at her sister, and so she cut off the hair from her sister's Barbie doll. Then she hid the doll. I said "You hid it so you wouldn't get in trouble, you were afraid she'd beat you up?"

And my friend said, "No, i hid it to wait for the hair to grow back, so then I wouldn't get in trouble."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 07:04 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Sure. And the response was' it's better to ask for forgiveness then permission'.

I seriously was gobsmacked by that remark.

Nope didn't forgive them or the act.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:05 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
Housekeepers - worst offenders.

Yes, college roommate lifted a bunch of my clothes before moving out of town. She was a pathetic human being, glad to see her gone. We were thrown together, I did not pick her.

STill LOL about Barbie doll story, I didn't know legs came off. Did know heads did.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeana View Post
I have. I had a roommate that stole some of my clothes, my handheld systems, and several of my DVDs when she moved out.
Same. Mine stole clothes and CD's. She moved out of town. About a year later she came back and I would see her around wearing the clothes that she stole. Awkward!

Old 11-14-2017, 09:27 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Yes, this was many years ago though.

When I was in middle school, my grandfather would give me a little money, $10 here, $20 there. Bits of that money started disappearing, as well as the video games. A kid from up the street came to play a lot, and it turns out he had taken literally hundreds of dollars worth of stuff over a few months.

We did get most of the games back, but the cash was just gone.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:09 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,164 times
My husbands sister died while in college, she lived in a dorm. When her dad went to the dorm to collect her things a lot of stuff was missing. Jewelry, records, coats, just a lot. It was obvious her stuff had been gone through. He announced to the dorm he was going to lunch and depending on whether or not her stuff was returned while he was out he will decide whether or not to call the police. When he got back there was a huge pile of stuff on her bed. He was just so disgusted with the girls. He said we was planning on just taking a few boxes of stuff, jewelry and important stuff and leave what was left for anyone who needed or wanted stuff. He ended up packing up everything thing and dropped most of it off at a goodwill.

What vultures.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:55 AM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Not sure I would call this fellow a "friend". He was a shipmate. While in the Navy, during a home-port period in San Diego, several of us rented an apartment in town so that we didn't have to sleep on the ship and a place to hang out while not on duty. One of them stole some electronics from me, (and I can't remember what else from the others).

Of course, we reported it to the police. The thief took some of the stuff to a pawn shop, and of course, the police found out about it. Easy enough to trace it back to the shipmate.

Since this happened so long ago, (1972?), I can't remember what happened to the thief. I'm sure the Navy didn't look kindly on his behavior.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 11-14-2017, 11:08 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Kind of.....In college I'd loaned her my bike over a break and I didn't really need it so I let her keep using it. A few months later I asked about it and she said someone had stolen it but she never thought to tell me! ...never said she was sorry or offered me anything in return either. That was the beginning of the end of that friendship.
Years ago, I had a "friend" who let me store my bike at her apartment because I was in the middle of moving to a new location. When I called and arranged to pick it up, she would not answer her door and I knew she was at home because her car was out front.

I sat in the hallway outside her door most of the afternoon and when the door finally opened, she and her boyfriend came out pushing my bike between them. Needless to say, I took my bike back and never spoke to her again.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:42 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times
My BFF at the time was moving to Hawaii and she stole my hand made beaded necklace with a malachite 'crystal'. My ex had it special made and picked out all the beads and stones.
I thought I had lost the thing for months till one day she fessed up and told me not only did she steal it from me so that she could have a part of me with her, but she lost it while swimming in the ocean.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:45 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
the only time a "friend stole something from me" is when i lend someone money and they didn't pay it back.
Same here.

I learned to never give money to anyone unless I can afford to never see it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships