Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 07:32 AM

11,115 posts, read 9,753,246 times

Advertisements

You've gotten your answer OP, and yet you still persist with this, hoping that it won't continue to be 20 to 1 against an adult male being "friends" with an unrelated child whose dad is apparently not around. You knew when you asked the question, or you wouldn't even have asked it. Now the answers show that the little voice in the back of your head that told you this probably wasn't a good thing has been proven to be correct by a preponderance of the answers here. But you still want to go to the arcade with a little kid. You need to wake up and smell the coffee buddy. If you are for real, you have some serious growing up to do.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:12 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob 42 View Post
I'm grateful for the advice, but a lot of y'all are either over reacting, or you keep saying the same thing over and over. I think I got it.

Wouldn't know by your posts.

Go ahead then, be a scapegoat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
There need to be some guidelines and some training. There are all kinds of things that can happen if you are not careful.

Please contact this organization http://www.bbbs.org/

Put in your zip code and you will be directed to a local Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America office. They can set the OP on the right path.
^^^^This^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
And in a sensible world...
My son became a big brother . It's a program to mentor and be a positive role model.
Good thing he influenced young kids to aspire to some positive community events.
To simply assume based on age that one instantly has shady reasons deflates those who actually have positive results with the youth .
Thankfully this program does carry a source of vetting and matching. It's probably a safer choice for kids needing a mentor of sorts.
^^^^This ^^^^^

Old 01-05-2018, 08:57 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I'm 22 and one of my best friends is 32, it doesn't seem weird at all to me.

It's fine for adults to be friends with anyone 18 and over. Nothing weird about it. I had a friend who married her husband when he was 19 and she was 30.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:23 AM

194 posts, read 143,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Why don't you discuss it with your dad? Why am I betting he isn't in your life?

What about the kids dad? What does he say about this?
Why do you want me to discuss with my parents so badly? The kid's dad isn't around.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
You've gotten your answer OP, and yet you still persist with this, hoping that it won't continue to be 20 to 1 against an adult male being "friends" with an unrelated child whose dad is apparently not around. You knew when you asked the question, or you wouldn't even have asked it. Now the answers show that the little voice in the back of your head that told you this probably wasn't a good thing has been proven to be correct by a preponderance of the answers here. But you still want to go to the arcade with a little kid. You need to wake up and smell the coffee buddy. If you are for real, you have some serious growing up to do.
I have to this again? Okay

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKz82v5JQY

Oh no! I'm friends with a kid! Someone call the cops on me! You know, I'm getting real tired of this.

Last edited by Billy Bob 42; 01-05-2018 at 09:45 AM..

Old 01-05-2018, 10:18 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
So, OP...where is your thinking now, after all these cd posts...???

Old 01-05-2018, 10:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Okay, the kid is 11. I fail to see why this is a problem, if I consider the kid a friend and aren't hurting anyone, what's wrong with that? I don't know about you, but even siblings and cousins of mine I see as friends.
It's not a problem...if you're the mothers long and trusted friend. Have you known her for long?
You can't be upset that people find it suspicious...suspicion is a good thing...it shows concern.
Think of the thousands of little boys and girls whose parents weren't suspicious, and their child was molested. What would you say to them...
You can't expect people to just trust someone with their child when they hardly know you....unfortunately so many people do (like you advocate they should) with very dire consequences.
I say better safe than sorry.....

Old 01-05-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
It's not a problem...if you're the mothers long and trusted friend. Have you known her for long?
You can't be upset that people find it suspicious...suspicion is a good thing...it shows concern.
Think of the thousands of little boys and girls whose parents weren't suspicious, and their child was molested. What would you say to them...
You can't expect people to just trust someone with their child when they hardly know you....unfortunately so many people do (like you advocate they should) with very dire consequences.
I say better safe than sorry.....
Yes, I have known her for long, and I'm still mad that people find it suspicious.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You might think differently when/if you have some children of your own...at least I hope so, for their sakes.
I doubt it.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:39 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
I have to this again? Okay

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKz82v5JQY

Oh no! I'm friends with a kid! Someone call the cops on me! You know, I'm getting real tired of this.
You can be a friend with a kid..no problem...why are you so upset when people show they care for the well being of the child?
You should be thankful that even total strangers show concern for one so young...even if it hurts your fine sensibilities.
This is real, this is truth...learn to accept it, and deal with it appropriately...if you did you wouldn't care what others think because you wouldn't have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships