Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 10:40 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,340,440 times

Advertisements

She's an adult. Her decision based on her own moral compass. She doesn't see a need to contact a lawyer, and I happen to agree with her.

I've been rear-ended twice. The other person's insurance company paid fully both times. The only issue was when the mother of the teen driver that rear-ended me wanted me to skip contacting my insurance company and thus hers. When I told her the repair cost she accused me of lying. That ended any discussion of not contacting the insurance company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 10:48 AM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Hi my neighbor got rear ended yesterday and she claims that the man told the insurance company it was his fault and that he assured them all would be taken care . She says that she does not take people to court over things because she is a pastor s wife and to do so would go against God . She says God will work it out . I myself think she is living in a wonderland . She nor her husband take people to court . I think this one might be an eye opener for her and if the insurance company decided not to pay wonder what she will do then ? I told to see a lawyer she says no . They will be without a vehicle if the insurance company decides not to pay . my husband also said to her you really should see a lawyer . Again she said no . Did we not give good advice or is she just being stubborn or just such an evangelist that she does not see clearly ?
Why would she need to sue them?

The insurance companies will work it out. Do you not understand how that works?

Old 01-08-2018, 10:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
just let the insurance company handle it. I am having trouble understanding why there is any reason, at this time to bring a lawyer into the picture. I rear ended someone about 5 years ago. They started to move and changed their minds: it didn't make any difference, it was still my fault: called my insurance company, they called their's and that was the end of it. The same things, years ago only visa versa. I got rear ended, the insurance companies too care of the repairs.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:52 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,052,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
The insurance companies will work it out. Do you not understand how that works?
I don't think she does, she followed up with an insurance-related post that hinted at that.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:04 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,033 times
Your neighbor is right is not suing. No need to..

Old 01-08-2018, 11:40 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,990,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Hi my neighbor got rear ended yesterday and she claims that the man told the insurance company it was his fault and that he assured them all would be taken care . She says that she does not take people to court over things because she is a pastor s wife and to do so would go against God . She says God will work it out . I myself think she is living in a wonderland . She nor her husband take people to court . I think this one might be an eye opener for her and if the insurance company decided not to pay wonder what she will do then ? I told to see a lawyer she says no . They will be without a vehicle if the insurance company decides not to pay . my husband also said to her you really should see a lawyer . Again she said no . Did we not give good advice or is she just being stubborn or just such an evangelist that she does not see clearly ?
Moderator cut: deleteThis isn't a situation where there were injuries. She was rear ended and the guy admitted fault. All she has to do is contact his insurance company to file a claim and then get her car fixed. Even if his insurance denies the claim, she can go through her insurance and they will file suit against him if through their own investigation they determine him to be at fault. AT THAT TIME, if there is still trouble, your neighbor can lawyer up to get her car fixed. To contact a lawyer and threaten lawsuit before anything has even happened is just silly and unwarranted.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-08-2018 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: off topic and rude

Old 01-08-2018, 12:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,162,138 times
uuummm... Don't you think she should wait and see what the insurance offers first? I've never sued after being in an accident. File a police report, call your insurance and let the insurance companies work it out. The other driver was at fault (always in a rear-end situation) and his insurance should pay for all damage and medical bills. If it doesn't, then consider suing.

What does her religion have to do with anything?

Old 01-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
I don't know what insurance company is handling this, but if you're hit by someone with USAA, they will be fair. You're covered. Other insurance companies might lowball. Depending.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:32 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,052,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
uuummm... Don't you think she should wait and see what the insurance offers first? I've never sued after being in an accident. File a police report, call your insurance and let the insurance companies work it out. The other driver was at fault (always in a rear-end situation) and his insurance should pay for all damage and medical bills. If it doesn't, then consider suing.

What does her religion have to do with anything?
We're all just angry, that's what.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:41 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,739,820 times
I am not understanding why you are encouraging her to sue? She has the insurance information, why do you think the company won't pay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships