Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 03:25 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaR View Post
Honestly, at the time I was simply looking after myself. Would you rather be the weirdo going against the majority and end up becoming another awkward loner or get along with your friends you got and say nothing? I chose the later.

At the very start of 7th grade, she was actually the very first classmate I spoke with but it was the most boring conversations ever. The only reason I kept meet her in lunch for several weeks was because it was just me and her for the meantime. She would keep talking about worms and even once brought a book about insects and spiders. She never noticed whenever I kept rolling my eyes in boredomness, deep inside of me thinking ''what a way to start a new school year, I'm stucked with this idiot'' but keep going along. Basically I didn't enjoy her company at all.

Once my other friends came along (they told me more about her and everything about last year's school year), I would tell her I'll be brb and never showed up. My role was just the bystander laughing or simply forward the message my friends and others said about her such as ''They say you shouldn't be in this school''. If she asked why, I answer ''I don't know, ask them, bye''.
wow, you really were a mean girl. Hurts my heart for the other person. I hope you do some deep soul searching, put yourself in the place of others you were not so nice to, really admit to yourself that you were not a nice person and I hope that this entire issue has and will make you aware of your behavior and that being nice is sometimes harder than being rude/mean to some people and you should aspire to become a nice lady. For others being nice come easy and being rude to others is really stepping out of one's comfort zone.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:30 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
So, OP, I have a question for you.

How does it feel, now that you are the one who's not so cool?

Old 01-20-2018, 03:31 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,053,260 times
Quote:
Honestly, at the time I was simply looking after myself. Would you rather be the weirdo going against the majority and end up becoming another awkward loner or get along with your friends you got and say nothing? I chose the later.

At the very start of 7th grade, she was actually the very first classmate I spoke with but it was the most boring conversations ever. The only reason I kept meet her in lunch for several weeks was because it was just me and her for the meantime. She would keep talking about worms and even once brought a book about insects and spiders. She never noticed whenever I kept rolling my eyes in boredomness, deep inside of me thinking ''what a way to start a new school year, I'm stucked with this idiot'' but keep going along. Basically I didn't enjoy her company at all.

Once my other friends came along (they told me more about her and everything about last year's school year), I would tell her I'll be brb and never showed up. My role was just the bystander laughing or simply forward the message my friends and others said about her such as ''They say you shouldn't be in this school''. If she asked why, I answer ''I don't know, ask them, bye''.
Wow, until this I was a little bit on your side, except I thought your response was snide and unnecessary.

After this, though...

Looks like both parties have held on to this BS after a dozen years.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:40 PM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,895 times
You know, this girl is not stupid. She was smart enough to find you on FB and get you a message, after all these years. And so of course she is smart enough to know you do in fact remember her after all. In fact, you remember her very well, were friends with her until you found some people you liked better and dumped her, according to you. So you lied to her in your reply, and of course she knows it.

I'm sure she realizes now that the person she reached out to didn't prove to be worth the effort.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:00 PM

344 posts, read 245,003 times
Quote:

Wow...you probably shouldn't respond anymore. You WERE a cruel bully.

Quote:
Yes, I thought it was funny. She wasn't liked by many.
I already mentioned in 3rd year I was teased (that's the only year I had a nickname) but got over it quickly and the next school year was better. I forgot it and didn't come home crying.

I have no kids and frankly not interested in kids.

SO happy to hear you are not interested in kids. Doesn't sound like you have enough understanding and compassion to be a mother!

Old 01-20-2018, 04:10 PM

993 posts, read 766,741 times
Quote:
Yes, I thought it was funny. She wasn't liked by many.
I already mentioned in 3rd year I was teased (that's the only year I had a nickname) but got over it quickly and the next school year was better. I forgot it and didn't come home crying.

I have no kids and frankly not interested in kids.
Thank God for that. You've no business being a mother.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:14 PM

6,297 posts, read 4,195,051 times
So you rationalize bullying by saying the target was not liked by many, you lied to her, you laughed at her being bullied and apparently you haven't changed much. Still nasty, still snide and thank goodness you aren't interested in having children.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:16 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Thank God for that. You've no business being a mother.
It is hard for me to believe the OP is actually an adult. Her posts still sound like someone who has the maturity of a middle schooler or high schooler. There should be a point where you look back at all the mean and stupid stuff you did in school and have some sort of embarrassment/shame for it. That said, I know that even in my 20s I had not fully matured, but I still matured past the point of wanting to defend any actions in middle school.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:39 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You're only slightly less responsible, Elena. The person who stands by and laughs is nearly as guilty as the one who is doing the namecalling/baiting/whatever..
I agree with this.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:53 PM

993 posts, read 766,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
It is hard for me to believe the OP is actually an adult. Her posts still sound like someone who has the maturity of a middle schooler or high schooler. There should be a point where you look back at all the mean and stupid stuff you did in school and have some sort of embarrassment/shame for it. That said, I know that even in my 20s I had not fully matured, but I still matured past the point of wanting to defend any actions in middle school.
Some people can’t change, especially those who aren’t able to feel empathy. Is she a narcissist? Who knows? But something about her is clearly off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships