Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 07:04 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times

Advertisements

OP, you clearly are the most ossumest person around! Too bad your friends quote unquote are a bunch of losers and dunces!

You should find a new crowd to hang out with!

And maybe start an advice column. Isn't "Dear Abby" Abigail Van Buren getting on in years now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 07:22 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
No, I wouldn't say I "love" it. That would be mean.

And I try very hard not to explicitly say "I told you so."

Old 02-08-2018, 07:27 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Often, there are reasons why people can't take the advice given to them. Their situation may be more complex than you realize. I get unsolicited advice from well meaning people who have no clue. I appreciate them trying to help but they actually have no idea what's going on.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:52 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,780,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
What I mean by that is if someone asks for advice about something, or asks me what I think about something, I tell them, and then they go ahead and do what I advised them not to do. If it works out for them, that's great, but I really like it when it doesn't so I can say "Hey, I told you so! Should've listened to me!"

Basically, I love it when people think they know better and it ends up blowing up in their faces! People on the opposite side with cry "But I did what I wanted so that's what REALLY counts!" Sure, keep telling yourself that while you complain to me about things not going the way you wanted, or worse, expecting ME to swoop in and fix it after they didn't listen to me.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?
You're a *******. I HATE it when I've told someone not to do something, they do it anyway, and they suffer. I feel BAD for them when that happens, and frustrated that no matter how I tried to counsel them, I couldn't get them to avoid their suffering. You're worse than a sociopath, who doesn't care how his actions harm others, so long as he gets what he wants. You seem more like a psychopath, who derives pleasure from other people's suffering.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:56 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Maybe your advice is t as good as you think.... maybe your advice sucks!

Old 02-08-2018, 10:27 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,134 times
dude....you got issues.

Old 02-09-2018, 01:17 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:

....... If it works out for them, that's great, but I really like it when it doesn't so I can say "Hey, I told you so! Should've listened to me!" ............... Basically, I love it when people think they know better and it ends up blowing up in their faces! .........

So what you're really telling us is that you're a self-appointed know-it-all with a raging inferiority complex and anger issues who can only feel better about yourself when you see other people fail.

I call BS. I'm thinking that nobody ever asks you for any advice because they all know you're full of BS and you resent that. So you make up these vengeful scenarios about them in your own head and then you post about it to strangers on internet forums.

Your warped imagination is failing you and you will be a danger to your future self when one of your stories will blow up in your own face and get you into serious trouble with other people who actually know you. You should go see a psychiatrist so the psychiatrist can tell YOU what to do to try to fix yourself before you get yourself into trouble.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:40 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
So what you're really telling us is that you're a self-appointed know-it-all with a raging inferiority complex and anger issues who can only feel better about yourself when you see other people fail.

I call BS. I'm thinking that nobody ever asks you for any advice because they all know you're full of BS and you resent that. So you make up these vengeful scenarios about them in your own head and then you post about it to strangers on internet forums.

Your warped imagination is failing you and you will be a danger to your future self when one of your stories will blow up in your own face and get you into serious trouble with other people who actually know you. You should go see a psychiatrist so the psychiatrist can tell YOU what to do to try to fix yourself before you get yourself into trouble.

That'll never happen. He would end up telling the therapist how to do their job.

This person's threads are all about how superior he is to everyone he comes into contact with. Ego much? Most likely will not get far in life and will become one of those bitter, angry old people left in nursing homes with no visitors.

I stay away from people like him and I'm thinking he doesn't have any true friends.

Very sad and I feel pity for him because he is so full of himself that he will not change.

As to the original question: No. advice is asked, advice is given. Whether the other party takes it or not is their choice.

Getting gleeful on someone else's pain is just wrong and shows a level of serious psychological issues. You scare me in fact.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:55 AM

163 posts, read 138,174 times
I don't rejoice in people's misery. Sure, it gives me a good feeling when I give them advice, they follow it, and it works out, but I don't derive joy from someone not following my advice and failing.

Old 02-09-2018, 10:28 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
What I mean by that is if someone asks for advice about something, or asks me what I think about something, I tell them, and then they go ahead and do what I advised them not to do. If it works out for them, that's great, but I really like it when it doesn't so I can say "Hey, I told you so! Should've listened to me!"

Basically, I love it when people think they know better and it ends up blowing up in their faces! People on the opposite side with cry "But I did what I wanted so that's what REALLY counts!" Sure, keep telling yourself that while you complain to me about things not going the way you wanted, or worse, expecting ME to swoop in and fix it after they didn't listen to me.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?
huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships