Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 05:32 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,440 times

Advertisements

I think, especially since he wants it to keep his privacy, that you should sell it to your employer. Those who value privacy will go to great lengths to keep it. Saying no will cost you the extra profits, but most importantly, it could cost you your income.

I know it's crappy for the neighbors son, but just try to explain it and express that you are sorry it had to be this way.

Your livelihood is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 05:34 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvap View Post
That's exactly what I want to do but I I'm going to feel like a jerk if I do.
Yes, you will, but it will pass in due time. Real estate deals fall through all the time, and since there was no written contract, you can do what you feel is best. And you already know what is best.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:35 PM

543 posts, read 702,926 times
It would be easier if I didn't need the money or had a good pension.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Yes, you will, but it will pass in due time. Real estate deals fall through all the time, and since there was no written contract, you can do what you feel is best. And you already know what is best.
No contract but that's the dilemma, I always thought a verbal agreement should be held.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:43 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
Quote:
No contract but that's the dilemma, I always thought a verbal agreement should be held.
I'm certainly far from being a lawyer, but legally I don't think he has a leg to stand on. If you're talking about the moral obligation of staying true to your word, then that's something you'll have to grapple with, and if you decide to sell to the employer, you may have to live with some guilt feelings. But don't let it eat you up. Life goes on, deals get made; some go through and others fall through.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:53 PM

I know your right Henna, that's what I will do. He is young. And will have plenty of opportunities to acquire land. I bought this land when I was young, figuring it like money in the bank. That's what I should use it for.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:01 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,975,888 times
I’d sell to the highest bidder leave town and get a new job. That is unless you’re talking about a $5k parcel going for $15k.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:27 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
I did agree on a price and then proceeded to survey, then the second neighbor asked the surveyor what was going on. It is right across from him so he offered an outrageous sum to keep his privacy.
Quote:
I did not realize that you had agreed on a price. Did you shake hands on the deal or just a verbal contract?
That is a real dilemma.

How big is the land that is for sale? Is it possible to sell a small strip to your boss where he can grow tall trees or build a tall fence to block the view of the other land and to keep his privacy?

Old 03-02-2018, 06:57 PM

6,559 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Quote:
I did agree on a price and then proceeded to survey...
So you have an implied contract. You'd best consult with an attorney before deciding to sell it to the other guy. Implied contracts are legally enforceable

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...-contract.html

Old 03-02-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I did not realize that you had agreed on a price. Did you shake hands on the deal or just a verbal contract?
That is a real dilemma.

How big is the land that is for sale? Is it possible to sell a small strip to your boss where he can grow tall trees or build a tall fence to block the view of the other land and to keep his privacy?
We verbally agreed on a price and it is 14 acres. Maybe 5k to cut another lot that would have to approved by the Town. Worth a try
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships