Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 09:21 AM

14,476 posts, read 12,107,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
They say even the Queen of England farts
as she sips her tea and nibbles her tarts.
Her crown lifts up and her Corgies startle
by her Highness' Royal fartle.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nicci6Squirrels again.

Thanks to all who have contributed!

Great thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 09:45 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times
Sounds like it was time for the guests to leave!

Old 03-22-2018, 10:22 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I hear you're on the short list for this year's Pulitzer Prize announcement! (I know people. )
Don't you mean the Poolitzer Prize?

Old 03-22-2018, 10:32 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,937 times
The relatives all came to eat
And were happy 'til a certain seat
Was not there due to lack of planning
Which led to panic and face fanning.

Two guys in overconfidence
When "pull the toilet" did commence
Left gran and grandpa full of "you know"
With no place for them to go-go.

Put the throne back! all did cry
And more than once guys did comply
Who does such things? an auntie sniffed
And stomped out of the house quite miffed.

She told the story – it's outrageous!
Differing opinions here do gauge us
This tale has traveled wide and far
So next time bring a bag or jar.

But there's a moral to the story
Save repairs until tomorr-y.
If you're a niece do not serve din-din
Then pull the plumbing – it's a sin-sin.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:22 AM

16,070 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Sounds like a bunch of party poopers.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:42 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,857,559 times
Tell her to dump the boyfriend. Don't want to spend your life with an incompetent cheap DIY'er. its what, 80 bucks to pay someone to do a toilet.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:27 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG1572 View Post
I'm also a bit surprised by the number of people that are just aghast about this. When I clicked on the thread title, I was definitely expecting something actually "horrific"...

The girl bought a house. She invited family over. I'm not getting the impression that this was some sort of formal dinner party. Two of those guests tried to help her out by installing a toilet. I'm sure she was low on cash after the purchase, and really appreciated the help. Maybe this was the only time they were available.

I'm not sure why people keep on trying to marginalize these guys as chest beating, grunting man apes trying to show their alpha status by installing a toilet. Good grief. They were doing her a favor.

Could they have communicated the plans better? Yes. But I don't think there was a horrible diabolic plan in place here....
I agree. You would expect a family member to be more understanding.

After all, Chit happens.

I couldn't resist

Old 03-23-2018, 07:15 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
So, they had a dinner party that started at 2 PM and it was expected to last until 8 PM and they turn off the water and take out the one toilet at 3 PM without any warning. Who does this?

I think expecting to stay until 8pm is a little tacky.

Really why didn't anyone speak up? No one had a brain there? Maybe there was too much drinking How many people were there? How come no one heard about this "project" that was about to commence and no one said anything? Sounds like people who don't communicate or are oblivious to their surroundings. If the house only had one toilet it was most likely not a huge house.

No one heard the men in the bathroom? Really? If it was my family I would have gone in the bathroom and told the men they were being dopes and should wait until people were gone or at least tell the guests.

It seems to me everyone at that house was to blame for the predicament.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Boy, upon seeing the thread title, I couldn't wait to see what "after dinner horror" had been planned.
Yeah, I was expecting satanic rituals, animal sacrifices, literal blood baths, or at the very least a murder mystery that no one knew about in advance.

But a toilet being changed? Seems like an overly dramatic family if that is considered an after dinner horror.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:15 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
My great niece invited several family members for dinner. She’s single and just purchased her first house.

After supper, and after guests had had several cups of coffee, my great niece’s dad and boyfriend shut down the water to the house and proceeded to replace the one and only toilet in the home.

That side of the family thought nothing of inconveniencing their guests by shutting down the toilet for hours. The replacement job didn’t go as quickly as planned. The old toilet had to be temporarily reset in place several times for the elderly guests to empty bladders and bowels.

None of us were told in advance that the toilet would not be operable during our visit. Had I be made aware of that fact, I would have declined the invitation.

Who does that? Is this not odd behavior?
Am I wrong to be disgusted by what happened?
Would you do this to your guests and think nothing of their discomfort?

It doesn't take long to replace a toilet. They either messed up or something was wrong.

And why didn't everyone leave after learning the toilet isn't there, why did they temporarily reset so people pee AND POO and stink up the bathroom. I find that behavior way more odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships