Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 01:28 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
It doesn't take long to replace a toilet. They either messed up or something was wrong.

And why didn't everyone leave after learning the toilet isn't there, why did they temporarily reset so people pee AND POO and stink up the bathroom. I find that behavior way more odd.
All I can think of, is that it may have been a rare family reunion type of occasion, so that people who attended, possibly from near and far, were looking forward to a good visit of some duration. What seems very odd to me, is that the two doing the repair didn't think to wait a bit. They could have done it closer to the end of the afternoon, rather than shortly after the meal. It's kind of a no-brainer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 01:35 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,682,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
My great niece invited several family members for dinner. She’s single and just purchased her first house.

After supper, and after guests had had several cups of coffee, my great niece’s dad and boyfriend shut down the water to the house and proceeded to replace the one and only toilet in the home.

That side of the family thought nothing of inconveniencing their guests by shutting down the toilet for hours. The replacement job didn’t go as quickly as planned. The old toilet had to be temporarily reset in place several times for the elderly guests to empty bladders and bowels.

None of us were told in advance that the toilet would not be operable during our visit. Had I be made aware of that fact, I would have declined the invitation.

Who does that? Is this not odd behavior?
Am I wrong to be disgusted by what happened?
Would you do this to your guests and think nothing of their discomfort?
I don't want to read 11 pages of posts so I'll likely repeat a bunch of comments.

It was DUMB behavior on their part to attempt it with a houseful of people. No thought was put into what they were doing. If it was me, a bathroom urge would be my cue to go home.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:32 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
And why didn't everyone leave after learning the toilet isn't there, why did they temporarily reset so people pee AND POO and stink up the bathroom. I find that behavior way more odd.
Right? The minute that working on the toilet starts, I'd consider the party over.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:28 PM

714 posts, read 747,700 times
At least the two guys that decided to do this had an awful night, lol.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:59 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtoWAtoUT View Post
At least the two guys that decided to do this had an awful night, lol.
Right? "Aw, Aunt Mary, again?!"

Old 03-23-2018, 09:32 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
The excessive description of several guests "emptying bladders and bowels" was the real horror. Couldn't just say, "...needed to use the bathroom."

We get the idea.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:21 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Maybe this was answered, but why in the world were people still there for hours after dinner was over? Wasn’t it time to go home?

Old 03-24-2018, 09:30 AM

716 posts, read 557,637 times
They probably didn't want to eat and run.

In some cultures it's the norm to linger for hours, chat, and have coffee and dessert.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:42 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Sucks View Post
They probably didn't want to eat and run.

In some cultures it's the norm to linger for hours, chat, and have coffee and dessert.
Sure, but when there's obvious maintenance going on in the only bathroom, that seem to be a pretty clear sign that social time is over.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:06 AM

716 posts, read 557,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Sure, but when there's obvious maintenance going on in the only bathroom, that seem to be a pretty clear sign that social time is over.
It should have been a pretty clear sign to the boneheads that it was an inappropriate time to remove the toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships