Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 11:55 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times

Advertisements

I could live with the horror of having the toilet put temporarily in place so I could pee.

I know it seems like such a stretch, but I would live through it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 01:10 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
If you gotta go pee
You'd better flee.

If you gotta go poo.
The bushes will do.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hey, you gotta fly.

It's the After Dinner Horror Show!
Where everyone's just gotta go!

Can't rep you again, but that made my day!

Old 03-21-2018, 01:35 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,256,609 times
Who does that? Dumb and Dumber that’s who!

Old 03-21-2018, 02:01 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Who does that? Dumb and Dumber that’s who!
Darryl, Darryl, and Darryl.

Trivia:

The main and speaking, Darryl, was played by William Sanderson--who happens to hold business and law degrees.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:06 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
But maybe everybody had to poo, and pee so bad after having to hold it that they couldn't very well drive anywhere without having a big accident. Both food, and coffee can stimulate you to have to visit the bathroom in a hurry. And taking a dump outside is a pita especially in nice clothes. There may have been no places outside to go potty without putting on a show for the neighbors, lol. It sounds like this was still daytime.
LOLOL! So, you're saying that an announcement should have been made, that the water had been turned off, with maps handed out to the nearest gas stations or other public facilities, in case guests couldn't wait until the new toilet was installed?

Does the hostess' father live too far away, to drop by on a Sunday, or on a weekday after work, to do the chore? It was a bizarre choice of timing.

And btw, this is the 2nd reference I've found on C-D today, to using one's hosts' side- or backyards as a toilet. Is this a common thing these days? Aren't there city ordnances against that? Do people really not mind if their guests leave fertilizer donations in their back yard?

Old 03-21-2018, 02:10 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
LOLOL! So, you're saying that an announcement should have been made, that the water had been turned off, with maps handed out to the nearest gas stations or other public facilities, in case guests couldn't wait until the new toilet was installed?

Does the hostess' father live too far away, to drop by on a Sunday, or on a weekday after work, to do the chore? It was a bizarre choice of timing.
Maybe it was a set up!!

Old 03-21-2018, 02:14 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG1572 View Post

Could they have communicated the plans better? Yes. But I don't think there was a horrible diabolic plan in place here....
It's not that there was a diabolical plan in place. It's that the guys volunteering their plumbing services were thoughtless. Again, who does that, in the middle of a party? They couldn't have done it afterwards, or when most of the guests had left? Or the next day, or the day before, in preparation for the party? It was really thoughtless. Weirdly so. Which is why people are wondering if the guys are chest-beating Neanderthals; people are desperate to find an explanation for the thoughtlessness. Because it's not normal.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:29 PM

716 posts, read 557,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The old toilet had to be temporarily reset in place several times for the elderly guests to empty bladders and bowels.
Key word is "elderly". You really think old people are going to squat in the yard to go?

Those guys could have done it another time. They weren't using their brains.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:43 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Sucks View Post
Key word is "elderly". You really think old people are going to squat in the yard to go?

Those guys could have done it another time. They weren't using their brains.

They put the toilet back for people to use, it just wasn't completely secure. No big deal.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-21-2018, 03:29 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
My great niece invited several family members for dinner. She’s single and just purchased her first house.

After supper, and after guests had had several cups of coffee, my great niece’s dad and boyfriend shut down the water to the house and proceeded to replace the one and only toilet in the home.

That side of the family thought nothing of inconveniencing their guests by shutting down the toilet for hours. The replacement job didn’t go as quickly as planned. The old toilet had to be temporarily reset in place several times for the elderly guests to empty bladders and bowels.

None of us were told in advance that the toilet would not be operable during our visit. Had I be made aware of that fact, I would have declined the invitation.

Who does that? Is this not odd behavior?
Am I wrong to be disgusted by what happened?
Would you do this to your guests and think nothing of their discomfort?
The dad and the boyfriend sound like complete idiots to be honest. And the great niece sounds just as bad for allowing it to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships