Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 06:44 AM

18 posts, read 21,593 times

Advertisements

I don't know how to describe UA, that's what I call him (useless<bleep> )
Hasnt' had a job in months, living off my step daughter in her house. Doesn't even have a car!
I really thought she had better sense. Her Mom and I are bff's, seriously. I'm 60+ and my hubby and her hubby are best buds too! Weird, I know. And we all are completely baffled by this ridiculous relationship.

She (daughter) has good job but in debt to the eyeballs! And she is completely supporting him. He managed to get food stamps but that's it. They got engaged just before Christmas. No one in the whole family is behind this. Her sister totally blew up at her during Christmas dinner. And still UA hangs in there. Her 21 yo son lives with her and that relationship is strained, because he has no respect for UA. No one does!

She has stated openly, in front of him apparently, that her family won't come to her house (rented from Mom & S-Dad) for a visit or anything. So he called my hubby to ask if he can help with his relationship. Hubby declined gracefully. Moderator cut: delete

I just anonymously notified local police that he has outstanding warrant - yeah that too!

He posted a picture a few weeks back with a gun to his head. Police came and took him to hosp but they didn't arrest him!

Also, he's been driving daughter's and GS's car while his license is suspended. Can't tell you how frustrating this is, to see her let this happen to herself!

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-27-2018 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: circumventing the language filter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 06:47 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlesgal View Post
I don't know how to describe UA, that's what I call him (useless as*hol*)
Hasnt' had a job in months, living off my step daughter in her house. Doesn't even have a car!
I really thought she had better sense. Her Mom and I are bff's, seriously. I'm 60+ and my hubby and her hubby are best buds too! Weird, I know. And we all are completely baffled by this ridiculous relationship.

She (daughter) has good job but in debt to the eyeballs! And she is completely supporting him. He managed to get food stamps but that's it. They got engaged just before Christmas. No one in the whole family is behind this. Her sister totally blew up at her during Christmas dinner. And still UA hangs in there. Her 21 yo son lives with her and that relationship is strained, because he has no respect for UA. No one does!

She has stated openly, in front of him apparently, that her family won't come to her house (rented from Mom & S-Dad) for a visit or anything. So he called my hubby to ask if he can help with his relationship. Hubby declined gracefully. WTF Doesn't UA get it?

I just anonymously notified local police that he has outstanding warrant - yeah that too!

He posted a picture a few weeks back with a gun to his head. Police came and took him to hosp but they didn't arrest him!

Also, he's been driving daughter's and GS's car while his license is suspended. Can't tell you how frustrating this is, to see her let this happen to herself!

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?
Well, you've already called the police on him. Beyond waving your social security check in front of UA while wearing a low-cut top, I am out of ideas.

In a minute, everyone else will come on here and tell you to stay out of it. I have to say that's my advice too. Just shake your head and cluck your tongue when your friends start up gossiping about him and be thankful it's not YOUR family.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:53 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Well, you've already called the police on him. Beyond waving your social security check in front of UA while wearing a low-cut top, I am out of ideas.

In a minute, everyone else will come on here and tell you to stay out of it. I have to say that's my advice too. Just shake your head and cluck your tongue when they all start up gossiping about him and be thankful it's not YOUR family.
Yup.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:09 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Move on.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:14 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
A lot of women get involved with UAs. Your stepdaughter isn’t the only one. But if she doesn’t know any better by age 40+, what can you do?

Old 03-27-2018, 07:26 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
It's her choice to live like that.

Nothing you can do.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:52 AM

18 posts, read 21,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

Nothing you can do.
You all are right. Hope the outcome is better.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:21 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
The only thing you can do is not giving them money, not help them in any way and advise your friend (her mom) to do the same. Lean back and watch the train wreck from a distance. She probably gets pregnant soon. Those people always have kids. The only thing you can try is - get her to get that birth control implant in the arm.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:04 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,937 times
Look at it this way: You get some good stories out of it.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:24 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

Nothing you can do.

This.

Just lend an ear to your friend... she needs you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships