Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 10:00 AM

371 posts, read 287,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Her sister's BF doesn't ring the doorbell. So I wondered if her BF did. I don't assume things. I ask about them.
Ok but most of us assume the norm. Especially when she is complaining about the normal not occurring,
Then you can bet she is probably part of the majority thus her boyfriend rings the doorbell. So your post(s) make no sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 10:01 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonibananas View Post
well my sister lives with me so she doesn't have to knock. Her BF is not a resident, but yes it has been a couple times where I didn't know he was there sleep in her room and I thought I was home alone and yes I did walk around with nothing on as I thought I was alone... he left out of the garage and I called the police as I thought someone was in the house with me.

I have talked to her about that and swore each time it wouldn't happen again. I'm just tired of the foolishness.
Sorry, but it sounds like it's going to continue.

It's so odd that you and everyone you know knocks but your sister isn't on board with that. She may be one of those women who puts her man above everyone else. You may not be able to live together very peacefully if y'all can't compromise.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsWritten. View Post
Ok but most of us assume the norm. Especially when she is complaining about the normal not occurring,
Then you can bet she is probably part of the majority. Your post(s) make no sense
You should spend more time on CD before you start talking about "norms" and "majority."

Old 03-28-2018, 10:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
joni, this is a mistake for two young sisters who are in/looking for relationships to buy a house together. I can see two elderly sisters doing that, but your life right now is in such a state of quick change - as is borne out by the fact that very quickly your sister has a live in boyfriend - that this is an unworkable situation.

This is not workable. This is your sister's home, too, and if it were hers alone she would certainly give her boyfriend access to the garage code.

I think you need to sell the home and move apart.

Did you have this conversation before you bought the house - no overnight guests, and no giving the garage code to a boyfriend?

Old 03-28-2018, 10:03 AM

73 posts, read 41,008 times
Quote:

It's so odd that you and everyone you know knocks but your sister isn't on board with that. She may be one of those women who puts her man above everyone else. You may not be able to live together very peacefully if y'all can't compromise.

I failed to mention that she did talk to him and gave him an illustration saying she doesn't do that when she visits anyone including his brother or his parents. She says he felt bad about it, but that's common sense to me.

He apparently feels too comfortable...

Old 03-28-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:

bingo!

Old 03-28-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
joni, this is a mistake for two young sisters who are in/looking for relationships to buy a house together. I can see two elderly sisters doing that, but your life right now is in such a state of quick change - as is borne out by the fact that very quickly your sister has a live in boyfriend - that this is an unworkable situation.

This is not workable. This is your sister's home, too, and if it were hers alone she would certainly give her boyfriend access to the garage code.

yes I was warned by a friend not to do that. you are completely correct.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
You should spend more time on CD before you start talking about "norms" and "majority."
again, she is complaining about the norm not occuring. So it's a given her boyfriend rings the bell.
I don't need more time on CD so know to assume the opposite wouldn't make sense

But I agree it sounds as if it is going to continue as long as she allows it to.
He's a visitor acting as a resident yet not paying any rent to which, they could both use towards their house payment
And neither is her sister covering his butt financially. Just gotta type out some visitor rules and give it to the guy
No other way

Old 03-28-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonibananas View Post
I failed to mention that she did talk to him and gave him an illustration saying she doesn't do that when she visits anyone including his brother or his parents. She says he felt bad about it, but that's common sense to me.

He apparently feels too comfortable...
Right. Because he knows deep down that there is no penalty if he continues to do it. You could stand there and yell at him every time, but he'll just say sorry and keep doing it.

I agree with Clara on this one.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Did you have this conversation before you bought the house - no overnight guests, and no giving the garage code to a boyfriend?

The agreement was after we get married that that person has to move out and continue paying for the mortgage for 1 year. That was never an issue before as we lived with our parents before moving out and never really had a reason to make those rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships