Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 08:37 PM

9,241 posts, read 10,998,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
So true! Anyone that says they don't judge is a liar!
And calling people liars is...JUDGEMENTAL! Damned if it's not true sometimes!

Old 04-11-2018, 08:39 PM

38 posts, read 21,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
True. Dog owners often reflect a canine level of intelligence.
What’s wrong with you?

Old 04-11-2018, 09:01 PM

23,690 posts, read 9,267,935 times
i can see it both ways.....i love dogs but i am a also a big hunter.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:47 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,769,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SionaApple View Post
What’s wrong with you?

And therein lies the root of this whole topic. Remember your friend said there was something wrong with you for the way you feel about animals, and now here you are being baited and questioning what you think is a wrongness with the way another person thinks. Don't be thinking there can be a double standard.

The point is that everyone has different attitudes and none of us, yourself and your friend included, is in a position to question or pass judgement about what we each may think is a wrongness or rightness of attitude in other people when it comes to a discussion about empathy. Don't be baited and don't let other peoples' attempts at judgement get to you, and don't be judgemental yourself about them. All you'll get is a vicious circle.

The older I get the less empathy I feel for humans and the more empathy I feel for all other things of nature. There are millions upon millions of other people who feel the same way, and millions upon millions who feel the opposite way. It is what it is. Don't question it because people aren't going to change.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:30 PM

38 posts, read 21,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
And therein lies the root of this whole topic. Remember your friend said there was something wrong with you for the way you feel about animals, and now here you are being baited and questioning what you think is a wrongness with the way another person thinks. Don't be thinking there can be a double standard.

The point is that everyone has different attitudes and none of us, yourself and your friend included, is in a position to question or pass judgement about what we each may think is a wrongness or rightness of attitude in other people when it comes to a discussion about empathy. Don't be baited and don't let other peoples' attempts at judgement get to you, and don't be judgemental yourself about them. All you'll get is a vicious circle.

The older I get the less empathy I feel for humans and the more empathy I feel for all other things of nature. There are millions upon millions of other people who feel the same way, and millions upon millions who feel the opposite way. It is what it is. Don't question it because people aren't going to change.

There is something wrong with him. Read his posts

Old 04-12-2018, 12:38 AM

21,897 posts, read 19,043,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
I said that people who can't or won't empathize with animals are untrustworthy. .
My view is this:
That people who can't relate to humans are untrustworthy.
There is something very wrong (and yes scary, and yes dangerous, and yes not to be trusted) about those who state the would " prefer the company of animals over people."
Yikes.

They are flat out broadcasting and admitting they are unable to be in functioning relationships with humans.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:43 AM

21,897 posts, read 19,043,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
^^^ Well said! And you've given me a new term for the AR whack jobs! You hit the nail on the head with this - "because they don't have fully-developed social skills."
i asked a therapist about this, a mental health professional, i asked her about people who are doting on animals and yet (in this case) abusive to humans. The counselor said the skills it takes to be in relationship with humans requires more of a person, and it requires far less to be in relationship with an animal. She said they are broken in the area of being able to have healthy functioning relationships with humans. Whereas animals ask very little of the person.

The abusers in my life (four of them) were all people who doted on animals but were violent and abusive to the humans including the people they claimed to love. Has that colored my experience and my views? Yes it most certainly has. And it is why i was asking the therapist about it in the first place.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-12-2018 at 12:54 AM..

Old 04-12-2018, 01:31 AM

32,778 posts, read 36,022,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
My view is this:
That people who can't relate to humans are untrustworthy.
There is something very wrong (and yes scary, and yes dangerous, and yes not to be trusted) about those who state the would " prefer the company of animals over people."
Yikes.

They are flat out broadcasting and admitting they are unable to be in functioning relationships with humans.
Humans are crazy, irrational, and scary. At least animals are honest. They just do what they do.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:49 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,769,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SionaApple View Post
There is something wrong with him. Read his posts

See, you just did it again - saying there is something "wrong" with somebody else.

I've already read lots of his posts. I've read all of yours too since you became a member on CD. He's been here a lot longer than you and you are just a newbie with very few posts. There's nothing wrong with him, he's just a natural born chain yanker who knows exactly how to yank your chains and you're letting him do it and encouraging him to do it again and again. You're encouraging him (and other nay-sayers) by responding with indignation and outrage and accusations of "wrongness" every time someone yanks your chain. Just like when your friend yanked your chain and you responded to that by coming on here posting this topic looking for justification from other people for how you feel more empathy for animals than for humanity.

You already got your justification for your empathy for animals from lots of other sympathetic people who responded to the topic, myself included. So what's wrong with you if you can't be satisfied with the justification and sympathy you did get yet you feel you must still respond with indignation to the chain yankers that don't justify you and won't tell you what you want to hear? Are you unable to ignore the nay-sayers, or did you come here with this topic just trolling for a fight with any nay-sayers who don't give you the justification you're looking for? Out of 11 posts you have here in this topic so far, where you are looking for sympathy for yourself, in at least 5 or 6 of them you are accusing other posters of being wrong, mentally ill, ignorant or not good hearted because they don't agree with you. That's not a good track record of sincerity for you. It's a double standard and hypocrisy.

You need to lighten up and ignore the nay-sayers and chain-yankers (including your friend) and be satisfied with the justification and assurances that you did get from many other posters who understand and agree. If you can't do that then it means you really are just looking for trouble. And THAT would be a waste of other people's time, patience and sympathy towards you.

Last edited by Zoisite; 04-12-2018 at 03:07 AM..

Old 04-12-2018, 04:35 AM

7 posts, read 4,918 times
Your friend is a jerk. Animals don't have a voice and are innocent. Also, people that try to make you feel bad donating to animal causes instead of people/children causes, tell them where they can stick it. Laws and social services abound to protect children, not so with animals. And also there are a ton of charities, private and corporate donors, churches and clinics, stores and hospitals to help children. Not so with animals. Animal aid gets a smidge what a needy child would get, if the animal gets anything at all that is. Compassion for animals seems abysmal and people seem to be getting more unempathetic as time goes on too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships